GliderCENTRAL

6 week old escape artist

Posted By: dinah505

6 week old escape artist - 11/04/15 08:27 PM

I have a six week old joey that keeps getting out. She got out one night I found her the next morning cold and trying to get into some one else's cage I warmed her up I gave her two syringes of honey water and put her back in her colony mom and dad and aunt and twin happy she's hope she was good as new by evening
I went home at lunch and made my bed she of been in one of the pillow cases because I found her cold on the floor next to where I tossed my pillows or more specifically my cocker spaniel raised hell until I found her nudging her howling. I gave her two syringes of joey BML and handed her to her anxious daddy who was grooming her when I left. why does she keep trying to escape? I need suggestions because it was just luck and my cocker that saved her life this time :hbreak:
Posted By: Feather

Re: 6 week old escape artist - 11/05/15 03:01 AM

Have you found the spot that she is escaping from? I am not sure why she is getting out, but it is not good.

You may have to put them in a different cage until she is bigger and can't get out.
Posted By: dinah505

Re: 6 week old escape artist - 11/05/15 04:49 AM

I found the spot and it was a loose gate so I zip tied it she is tiered but doing well
Posted By: Feather

Re: 6 week old escape artist - 11/06/15 05:55 PM

thumb
Posted By: weyrsinger

Re: 6 week old escape artist - 11/16/15 02:20 AM

I have a little escape artist too. It really helped when I added things for her to chew on to the toys in the cage- plastic bracelets, those Barrel of Monkeys toys, milk rings, extra c-links, you can even order eucalyptus sticks online. The more she has to do inside the cage the less concerned she is with trying to get out.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL