GliderCENTRAL

Why is she barking at me?

Posted By: Reefgal

Why is she barking at me? - 05/31/17 05:52 PM

My most bonded glider, Miesha, first barked at me yesterday in the playroom. This morning she did it when I opened the cage to fetch the three for playtime at five am.

What's she trying to tell me?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Why is she barking at me? - 05/31/17 08:10 PM

We can never be sure. An intruder, someone had a glider bark when there was a bug in the room.

They want attention, trying to wake up other gliders to come out and play.

It is one of the ways they communicate.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Why is she barking at me? - 05/31/17 08:21 PM

"This is the story of my people..."

Re: Why is she barking at me? - 06/01/17 01:26 AM

It seemed happy at any rate. Not upset or scared. She gave me about six barks then jumped on my shoulder. I love the little squeaks and squawks while they are eating bugs. I feed mine dubia roaches and they love them!
Posted By: darkmornings

Re: Why is she barking at me? - 06/02/17 04:11 PM

I had a glider that would bark at anything new. If I used a pine nut instead of a yogurt treat in her forage toys she wanted to let all of the other gliders know about it. A new toy, a relocated bridge were the same. We called her the public service announcer.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Why is she barking at me? - 06/02/17 05:42 PM

:funny:

Both mine announce... One then the other. I guess it's so Fiona doesn't have to repeat herself... They never bark together...

Re: Why is she barking at me? - 06/03/17 08:42 PM

Miesha (the youngest) is the only one I've heard bark. Jubi only squeaks and chips while eating his treats. Bella is too busy to make any noise!
© 2019 GliderCENTRAL