GliderCENTRAL

Barking/Hissing sound!

Posted By: OneLove

Barking/Hissing sound! - 01/22/18 05:09 PM

Alright I have had my girls for just over a month...and last night the youngest one (2 years old) started doing this little bark and then hissing sounds...like non stop all night! I know it can be a problem if they make that sound while trying to urinate or poop but she wouldnt stop making the sounds and I looked at her and it was at total random times when she is wondering around the cage or running in the wheel. The other didnt seem to care so much. In the morning the older one (4 years old) made that noise herself for the first time! Plus the younger one seems agitated so I am not too sure what it means and it worries me! In the last month I have brought them to the vet 3 times....Id rather not go for a 4th time if its in their natural behaviors to act like that...
Posted By: Feather

Re: Barking/Hissing sound! - 01/22/18 05:47 PM

Your little one is probably in heat. They will do that when they are in heat and are trying to call a male.

The hiss for constipation or a UTI will not be accompanied by a bark.
Posted By: OneLove

Re: Barking/Hissing sound! - 01/22/18 05:57 PM

Oh dear god thank you!! Make smy week!
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Barking/Hissing sound! - 01/22/18 10:37 PM

Kimberley, how often do they go into heat like that?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Barking/Hissing sound! - 01/23/18 12:54 AM

About every 28 days.
Posted By: Claralice

Re: Barking/Hissing sound! - 01/23/18 04:59 AM

Yikes, do they get nippy or just barky? I ask as I may add two females in a second cage once the boys are neutered.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Barking/Hissing sound! - 01/23/18 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Feather
About every 28 days.
Wow... that explains a few patterns I hadn't put together. I thought they were more 'seasonal' than that. Good to know, thanks!

Thank you for asking your question OneLove, solved a few questions for me!
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL