GliderCENTRAL

Escape Was Our Mistake But Was It Really!

Posted By: Claralice

Escape Was Our Mistake But Was It Really! - 04/05/18 02:01 AM

Last night I moved my gliders into their Madagascar cage. In doing so, I forgot to tell the hubs where the food went. He tried to open those top doors and in doing so, left one open. I went up for something and saw a glider frantically moving. This is a very unusual/never seen behavior.
I went to the cage and discovered that top gate open. I looked and found Freddy but Barney was missing. Needless to say-irritated covers it as I had to work today and found this at 10. Long story long, I hear straw and scratching from near the front door. Guess who is sitting in the hubs straw hat! LOL one happy, playful glider that I picked up and took back to his cage. This made for two happy gliders! And they each of course received a treat!
Love these guys!
Posted By: Terry

Re: Escape Was Our Mistake But Was It Really! - 04/05/18 02:16 AM

And I'm glad it had a happy ending grin

Not a whole lot worse than a missing glider.

Reminder, zip ties on those doors asap, not only prevents mishaps on your part, but some gliders can push those open. If you're not certain about the permanent kind, try the reuseable, I love those!

Re: Escape Was Our Mistake But Was It Really! - 04/05/18 02:59 AM

Terry, I put the plastic clips on them that I use to hang toys, looped them threw the wire then on to the door. That should work I think?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Escape Was Our Mistake But Was It Really! - 04/05/18 05:52 AM

I would zip tie them, I have had a glider hit one of those doors jumping from one side to another and the little bugger shot right through.

Re: Escape Was Our Mistake But Was It Really! - 04/05/18 10:59 PM

Oh wow Kim. Zip ties it is!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL