GliderCENTRAL

Night light

Posted By: Hydrus

Night light - 04/07/18 04:47 AM

Do you think a night light is needed for them at night if it's totally dark? Their cage is in my bedroom. I sleep with the TV on a 3 hour timer...it helps with my insomnia. Anyway, when that goes off there is no light in my room and nothing ambient. I even have tape over the cablebox lights.

I worry, even tho they are nocturnal, that they might need some sort of ambient lighting, or maybe just a nightlight? It would be awesome if they didn't (better for me) but I will gladly plug one in for them if you guys think they would benefit from it.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Night light - 04/07/18 11:01 AM

They don't need one.

I personally like having a colored bulb on in my bedroom. I've had my gliders in my room for most of the time I've had them. But I've always used a red, and currently an orange bulb (not bright) light on in the room they live in. It's not because they need one though, I like to be able to see them to check on for any reason. Sometimes if they bark and I hear them, or even if I just wake up to go to the bathroom, I like to peek in on them.

I have considered getting one of those "moon" replication bulbs, but the colored (warm light) works fine and is much cheaper.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Night light - 04/07/18 12:46 PM

I have nightlights for me, so they have them too. The glider room also has a street light that lights up the room. I don't think it bothers them.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Night light - 04/07/18 08:06 PM

As long as my lights aren't super bright, mine seem to not care... which works out for me too since I prefer minimal lighting.

As far as a nightlight for the hyperactive balls of dryer lint, it doesn't seem to affect mine what-so-ever. Low & consistent noise will help, mine are quieter if I leave a radio or YouTube on for them than if I don't. Whenever they're being particularly loud, I'll leave then entertainment.

Nightlights are more of a benefit to us slaves, I believe. That way we can see what's happening at a glance, instead of guessing what they're up to in the dark.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL