GliderCENTRAL

People playing with gliders in daylight upset me ! I am wrong ?

Posted By: ZooVeteran

People playing with gliders in daylight upset me ! I am wrong ? - 05/08/18 04:45 PM

Hello,

Something that I always wanted to say.

There are so many videos of people playing with their gliders in day light or in bright light when at home.

Is it really ok as long as the bears accept it, or is it just plain stupid from people who know nothing or just don't care ?

I never play with my babies when it's not dark in the room, and anyway they never show themselves until it's dark, so I guess that people on video just take them, light or not ?

Thank you for listening :-)
Posted By: KarenE

Re: People playing with gliders in daylight upset me ! I am wrong ? - 05/08/18 07:04 PM

It depends on the gliders and the bond with their human. Some gliders don't mind, and others absolutely demand being left alone during the day when it is their sleep time. For some the light doesn't seem to mind.

My gliders were dead to the world once they went down for the day. I could do about anything around their enclosure, and it wouldn't bother them at all. My son was a drummer, and I never saw them stir when he was practicing dunno On the rare occasions I traveled with them, they still slept until they were ready to get up for supper.

Posted By: Hutch

Re: People playing with gliders in daylight upset me ! I am wrong ? - 05/08/18 07:51 PM

Mine seem to follow whatever schedule they want, I can only assume roughly what they'll do when. Even that has plenty of outliers. They do not seem bothered by the light, though I tend to keep my house somewhat dimmer than is probably considered normal. I'm not a fan of bright light either.

What I've discovered is they'll play or interact if they feel like it & they'll let me know if they're grumpy. Particullarly my Gwynevere seems to like anytime that I'm willing to play with her, whereas Merlin prefers to stay in the pouch unless it is barely enough light to read by.

So, I guess the short answer is I concur with Karen, depends.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: People playing with gliders in daylight upset me ! I am wrong ? - 05/09/18 01:54 AM

I have seen a lot of those videos too. Many videos are done in the morning. This is when they are still wide awake, but will tire easily. The nice part about this time of day is they are more susceptible to go back to their pouch instead of bouncing around because they just woke up. Mine are up till 6 or 7 am. Longer if I get them out.

Mine also get up around 5pm for a snack. Dinner isn't till 8:30pm. Then back to bed till 10pm.

We keep our home dark during the day because our job has a tendency to be night shift. We do give the gliders dim daylight so they can keep a nocturnal schedule.

Oh yeah, :welcomegc: wave
© 2019 GliderCENTRAL