GliderCENTRAL

Glider Crack recipe

Posted By: Anonymous

Glider Crack recipe - 11/11/10 03:41 PM

I know it was here somewhere, can anyone find the thread????
Posted By: nancy1202

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/11/10 04:27 PM

I'm not sure where it is on GC, but here is the recipe from another board:

1 small can white chunk chicken (drained & rinsed well)
1/2 an avocado
1 scrambled egg
1/2 tsp Rep-cal
water

Put all in the food processor or blender & add water until its a paste consistency.

It is also on some websites, like Krys Kritters. Some use Wombaroo powder instead of Rep-Cal.

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/11/10 04:42 PM

Thanks Nancy!

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/11/10 06:05 PM

what is that used for?

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/11/10 06:11 PM

It's really a treat, and also to help put weight on a glider if they are sick or something. It's called "glider crack" because they love it so much, like they need a fix lol.
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/11/10 06:43 PM

So how much do you give the glider? Never used it before and figure that is pretty important as it'll make the gliders gain weight.

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/11/10 06:58 PM

I wouldn't give more than a tsp. or less a day, unless you have a sick glider. And then if they are sick then whatever they will eat is probably ok. Of course if you are giving it as a treat to a healthy glider and they get chunky you just cut back a little! LOL. Skittles won't get any of this, LOL. It's all pretty healthy stuff really, just the avocado they love so very very much is a bit fatty, even if it is a healthy fat.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 12:28 AM

Huh, I've never even heard of this.

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 01:35 AM

I'd say this would be good for lactating females also as a supplement.

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 02:08 AM

This is a great thing to have on hand. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 08:33 AM

I need this on one of my 3 year old boys, but how will it affect their over all diet?
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 01:03 PM

I would give it to him in the morning, just as you would mealies. That way, it won't affect his appetite for his regular dinner and still help him gain weight.

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 01:54 PM

Thanks Connie, I was more wondering how it would affect the Ca:Ph ratio. Do you know? And can one give this for an extended period of time? If so, for how long?
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 02:27 PM

I'd just take each ingredient itself and figure the CA:PH ratio, just like you do for fruits and veggies. I feed just the avocado to rescues that need to gain weight and continue until they've gained the weight they need. I give Roo, 1/2 tsp of avocado every morning, trying to keep weight on him. Even now, at 2 yrs, he barely tips the scales at 78-80 grams. If I take away the avocado, he'll lose a gram a day until I give it back. I've tried twice to wean him off it.

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/12/10 03:00 PM

I didn't know that you had the same battle with Roo. Connie I've also used just avo with Gizzy, he stays on 75 grams as long as I give avo, not everyday, but I do give only him some avo weekly. This is why I want to try the glider crack.
Posted By: akuma1623

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/14/10 02:20 AM

how do you prefer to store the glider crack, do you freeze it or just leave in a fridge?

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/14/10 02:25 AM

I think that depends on how many gliders you are going to give it to. I wouldn't keep it for more than a few days in the fridge, so if it is going to take a while to use up, I would freeze it in smaller portions and only thaw what is needed as you use it.
Posted By: akuma1623

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 11/14/10 10:26 PM

Well i tried glider crack last night for the first time and my girls seem to want nothing to do with it. My girls are such fussy eaters . I see all the stories about gliders cleaning their plates each night and mine barely eat a thing frown I dont know what to do
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Glider Crack recipe - 08/02/12 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: nancy1202
I'm not sure where it is on GC, but here is the recipe from another board:

1 small can white chunk chicken (drained & rinsed well)
1/2 an avocado
1 scrambled egg
1/2 tsp Rep-cal
water

Put all in the food processor or blender & add water until its a paste consistency.

It is also on some websites, like Krys Kritters. Some use Wombaroo powder instead of Rep-Cal.

Thank you Donetta for checking.

Pink label rep cal is what should be used in the recipe.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL