GliderCENTRAL

best way to store eucalyptus leaves?

Posted By: Anonymous

best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/09/11 06:58 PM

sorry if this is in the wrong thread ohwell
I just purchased some eucalyptus leaves/branches/chewsticks and i just rinsed them all off but im wondering whats the best way to store them? I have two gliders so i was thinking i should freeze some of the leaves, but not sure if i should keep them in the bag or put them in some water or what...
any ideas would be great, thanks:)
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/10/11 01:14 AM

If you ordered them from EucProducts, there should have been instructions with the leaves you got. I think I remember that Matt says to store the leaves in an open ziploc baggie in the fridge. dunno
Posted By: Teresa56

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/10/11 01:33 AM

I put mine in a zip lock bag and keep it in the freezer. When I take some out and it thaws it smells just like it did when I got it from Matt.I pat it dry and put it in the cage-- my babies love it.
Posted By: cinnamonstix

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/10/11 01:43 AM

Hey you! If you go over to MNGA under classifieds/glider items on page five I have a copy of matt's printout. If you have any further questions you can contact me directly. I do maintain Matt's website so I am full of info to share, lol.

There are some Green Bags that a lot of people use. I do everything with mine from freezing, storing in the fridge to drying. I like to grind my dried in a magic bullet and use it when I Vacuum and also as a natural deodorizer in my cage pans. Makes the whole place smell good!

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/10/11 02:32 AM

yea i got mine for eucproducts aand it did come with instructions, but it gave a few options- in an open ziplock in fridge or in a vase with the stems in water...
I wasnt sure if it made a difference, if it was better to have them in water than in the bag..
but thanks, i think they will be fine in the fridge. i did put some in the freezer so im glad to know they will come out nice like they went in .

the girls are already going craazy for the leaves/ chew sticks smile

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/10/11 02:33 AM

ooh i like the cage pan idea!

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/10/11 04:01 AM

It is a lifesaver in the winter when I can not have windows open and it gets stuffy and stinky, lol.
Posted By: Ruababy

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/11/11 05:56 PM

Can you go to any plant nursery and just by the plant? I don't know much about it...is it used as treats/food for the suggies or just to help the room smell better....are other plants okay for them to pick at??

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/12/11 01:22 AM

I would not reccoemnd this as you do not know what they have sprayed on it. If you order from Matt, ask him for some pods and you can start your own trees!

Re: best way to store eucalyptus leaves? - 05/12/11 10:43 PM

we just ordered some from matt and can't wait to see how the kids like it!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL