GliderCENTRAL

Attn: Blended Diet users

Posted By: CandyOtte

Attn: Blended Diet users - 08/22/11 03:05 AM

I wrote the recipe for the Blended Diet with the intention of providing a balanced diet that was easy to prepare and allowed a wide choice of fruits and vegetables to be offered with it while maintaining a Ca:P ratio between 1.5:1 and 2:1. The Blended Diet, using ingredients found in many other glider diets, met those goals. It contains nutrient amounts that are mid-range between the highest amounts and the lowest amounts of Calcium, Phosphorus, Protein, Sugar, Fat, Fiber and Iron found in other glider diets. I will continue to feed my gliders the Blended Diet as they are active, healthy and eating well.

A few individual glider owners, mostly breeders, have observed color and fur changes and other issues which they blame solely on the blended diet. They were unwilling to discuss details of their observations with me or share information on other factors that may have contributed to their gliders’ situation. At the same time they have demanded that I “fix” the Blended Diet.

I have been treated as if I intentionally shared a diet recipe intended to harm gliders. I will not argue their points or attempt to further defend my self against the accusations. The format of these forums does not work well for a logical, thoughful discussion and exchange of ideas. The discussions here and on LGG have become personal, not about the diet or what they feel needs to be changed in the recipe.

At the suggestion of other members of this community, I am asking that you choose another diet if you have any concerns about your gliders health. The recipe has been removed from my web page. Please do not recommend it to others.

If you have questions or wish to discuss specific concerns please contact me by e-mail at LuvMyGliderKids@aol.com. I do not wish for this thread to become a debate.
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Attn: Blended Diet users - 08/22/11 07:23 AM

Thank you Candy.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Attn: Blended Diet users - 08/23/11 05:39 AM

thumb
Posted By: jag

Re: Attn: Blended Diet users - 10/20/11 11:48 PM

Im sorry you dont want this as a debate but I strongly feel you should still list it on YOUR website with a disclosure, theres a lot of people including myself that wont use anything but the blended diet and its a great resource. please reconsider
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Attn: Blended Diet users - 10/21/11 04:44 PM

I agree with jag, is there any way you could send and email or some thing instead or...? Its one of the diets I'm still interested in looking at. Not wanting to take Tatl off the HPW, but to see if it's easier to use while traveling. or just to see if I can get my overly picky Girl to eat.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Attn: Blended Diet users - 10/21/11 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: CandyOtte

If you have questions or wish to discuss specific concerns please contact me by e-mail at LuvMyGliderKids@aol.com. I do not wish for this thread to become a debate.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL