GliderCENTRAL

Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets?

Posted By: Anonymous

Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 07:45 PM

Someone was telling me they use glide-a-mins from pocket pets. Does anyone else use this? I have never heard it mentioned on here so I wondered if it was safe.
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 08:01 PM

Are they vitamins? I've never heard of it before. Personally, I wouldn't use them. You should only use what your specific diet calls for.

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 08:03 PM

Glide-a-mins are the vitamins that come with your glider along with the dry pellets when you buy from Perfect Pocket Pets. PPP have been discussed on other threads on this forum and they are a glider mill - unfortunately, I also bought from them when they were at the Iowa State Fair this last year...however, I was very fortunate to have found this forum which has taught me how to care for my gliders and thanks to this forum, my girls and very happy and healthy - they are delightful and the love of my life. I threw out the glide-a-mins along with the dry pellets that were given to me by PPP and have put my babies on an approved glider diet. Mine eat HPW and they love it. I hope you can convince this person you were talking to to look at the "approved" glider diets that are available and pick one that will work for both them and their glider(s).
Please direct them to this forum so they can learn everything they need to know about these precious animals.

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 08:05 PM

Its like a white powder that you put on your sugar glider's food. I dunno, I told her she shouldn't use it unless she did research on it. But like I said before I haven't heard anyone mention it before.
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 08:08 PM

If it's anything from PPP, it should be trashed. They really don't know what they're doing. Well, they know how to keep gliders alive but barely alive...as long as they can sell them. But most of all, they really don't care about the long term health of the glider so anything they sell you is more than likely bad. (It's just their way of getting you to buy more stuff from them, even if it's not that great)

I don't know anything about the glide-a-mins but more than likely, they're bad or have little to no nutrional value at all...or too much of something.

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 08:15 PM

I agree with Kiiru - anything from PPP should be trashed and disregarded - I can hardly talk about PPP without exploding - they definitely only care about the money and not about these precious little babies! Please have your friend check out GliderCentral asap.

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 08:23 PM

Thank you. I'm glad I asked. I knew nothing about PPP or the glide-a-mins they sold her so I really couldn't help her. I def will refer her to this post.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 10:08 PM

Is there a chance that you can have your friend 'register' so that we can help her with questions on diet, vitamins, etc....
If she if feeding the diet that PPP has given her, until she changes over to another diet, she will need to give her glider vitamins.
Posted By: SugarPaws

Re: Glide-A-Mins by pocket pets? - 01/30/08 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Marsden
I agree with Kiiru - anything from PPP should be trashed and disregarded - I can hardly talk about PPP without exploding - they definitely only care about the money and not about these precious little babies! Please have your friend check out GliderCentral asap.

I also agree. It gets me mad when I think about PPP as well. Linda is right, you should try and get your friend to register so she will know exactly what to do to ensure her gliders get of glide-a-mins safely and onto a better diet.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL