GliderCENTRAL

Candy Otte's Blended Diet

Posted By: Feather

Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/19/09 02:17 AM

Quote:
I recently started feeding Candy Otte's Blended Diet and my girls just love it! It's kind of a cross between BML and HPW. It seems to be a tiny bit sweeter (due to the juice and yogurt, has a great amount of protein, yogurt for good digestion and immune system health and the Ca:P ratio is awesome too!

http://gliderkids.com/BLENDED-GLIDER-DIET.html

I have been feeding this since the last week in September and I see the gliders eating better, specially Jadzia.

I attribute the 5 grams that Jadzia has gained in the last two weeks to this diet. She just wasn't eating well on the HPW even though that is what she was getting at the breeder.

All of my gliders are cleaning up their food on a regular basis, not the hit and miss I had with BML or HPW. This diet is balanced, it has less honey, still has the bee pollen.

Candy has spent a lot of time on her diet and the diet ratio calculators she has on her site.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/19/09 03:46 AM

Never heard of that before... smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/19/09 09:02 AM

i'm thinking about switching to my guy are begining not to eat bml and hpw seems to difficult as far as fruit and veg
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/19/09 10:01 AM

Kylie, if you'd like to try the HPW but the fruit and veggies seem "scary"...

the fruit and veggie relish recipes on the S.P.I.N. site (especially those you can link to on IowaMisty's site) are quick and easy to make and feed and take the guess work out of it ENTIRELY.

I personally never thought it was hard- I mean, how hard is buying a bag of frozen veggies and scooping it into a food dish every night, right? But I realized my gliders were gettting great nutrition but poor OPTIONS that way- now, they get great nutrition and better OPTIONS for their fruits and veggies- a little variety goes a long way in keeping htem HAPPY as well as HEALTHY!!
Posted By: flutterbye

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/19/09 11:12 AM

Sounds interesting to me.
Posted By: jag

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/19/09 04:45 PM

me too. The work she put into the excel sheet is phenomenal!
I believe im going to try it but the only thing is I cant figure out what the other nutrients ratios should be? I understand the ca;ph but what about fat, sugar protein vitamins? according to her excel sheet using the human grade calcium vs the rept cal is a huge improvement in the ca:ph
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/20/09 02:33 AM

I included the values for fat, sugar, protein and fiber as a way to compare the recognized diets to each other first. Then when working on the foods and amounts for the Blended Diet I had something in addition to Calcium and Phosphorus to compare the diets.

I hope those of you trying the Blended Diet will take a moment to share it with your vet to see if they have any comments or in put.

My vet felt like it was a balanced diet when I discussed it with her and showed her the comparisons to BML and HPW.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/20/09 07:46 AM

Quote:
I hope those of you trying the Blended Diet will take a moment to share it with your vet to see if they have any comments or in put.

I emailed my Vet links to the diet and your spreadsheets. She is very interested in it.

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/20/09 03:57 PM

Thanks Feather
Posted By: BCChins

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/20/09 06:09 PM

Candy when I take Mr. Magoo in for his wellness I will share your diet with him.

I will also take in your charts for him to see.

Re: Candy Otte's Blended Diet - 10/21/09 01:15 AM

Great Brenda, please share any comments your vet has on the diet or charts with us. Thanks
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL