GliderCENTRAL

Tent time alone?

Posted By: Tammie1971

Tent time alone? - 05/12/11 01:23 AM

Okay, maybe it's not a good idea, but can they have tent time alone? They were being supervised, I had a huge mess in the upstairs bedroom, so I took the tent upstairs, put them in it, as if putting a baby in a playpen and let them have at it while I cleaned the mess. I was in the room, just not in the tent. Bad idea?? They seemed to actually "play" more with their toys rather than clothes diving on me and hiding away in my jacket hood.
Posted By: sphynxie

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/12/11 01:26 AM

I put my gliders in the tent alone when I clean cages. I am in the same room, and the toddler and the cats are not around.

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/12/11 01:56 AM

okay, I guess I'm not a bad mommy to not be in the tent sometimes. Oh... I forgot to ask, I have a Sansbug tent. What is the best way to clean them? I have read people can put tent in the washer?? I don't think it will work with mine. What do you mommy's do to wash your tents?
Posted By: SaraSmile

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/12/11 02:15 AM

I've never put them in a tent by themselves, but if you're right there with them and their only in there briefly, I can't see that as a problem.

As for the cleaning of the tent, I set mine up in the back yard and hose it down and let it dry in the sun. grin
Posted By: sphynxie

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/12/11 02:16 AM

I clorox wipe my tent after every play time, and am usually picking up their little poos before they hit the bottom of the tent LOL I would just take it outside and hose it off and let it dry.
Posted By: fox0r

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/12/11 04:48 PM

I vacuum mine out with a dust buster and then wipe it down with either Nature's Miracle or Clorox wipes.
Posted By: lilangels

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/12/11 04:59 PM

I wash mine in the washer every two weeks but in between I just wipe the floor off with a urine enzyme cleaner and water on a rag.

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/20/11 01:21 AM

I just figured out something today, I like.... I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Duh! I put Baloo and Leroy in the tent for playtime, while I picked up the room, organized my desk papers. They were crazy wild! I would talk to them while they played. They pooped and peed all over as usual, BUT....without me in the tent. About 20 minutes in I got in the tent for playtime and all the pooping and peeing was done!And they were much calmer to play with and snuggle with than wild and crazyinss, flying in my face, scratching my arms, it was GREAT! I think I will do that more often! Let them get it out of their system.....THEN join them for playtime. smile
Posted By: kjgoulet

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/20/11 01:26 AM

I'm glad I read this laugh I just got a tent and was wondering the same questions!

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/20/11 02:19 AM

Well, some will say they should be NEVER left unattended in a tent alone. I agree this being they could get hung up on something or hurt and kinda be left stranded there until you come back to help. Not a good mommy. BUT...., as long as you are in the room they are in and can keep an eye on them and make sure they are okay, it should be fine. I even have taken mine into my bedroom for a few minutes, put them in it while I turn down the bed, and get ready for the next day. I treat them as I would a baby. I NEVER left my babies unattended in their playpen to play, nor do I the gliders. But I do not think it is a problem for them to be in the tent alone, as long as they are safe, and you are watching them carefully.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Tent time alone? - 05/20/11 03:40 AM

I have used mine as a 'play pen' while cleaning cages several times. My tent isn't in the same room, but they don't do anything different without me than they do with me in there. I have even used mine as a temporary cage before (only once, and it was necessity at the time) and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. roflmao
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL