GliderCENTRAL

Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time

Posted By: Vanessai216

Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 03:25 PM

Ive been reading about bonding time and the significance it has in order to bond with your suggie. When i get home i put my stitch into my pouch under my shirt and carry him for hours around the house or to watch tv, but i am reading about bra time and wondering what the heck is that? Is it the same thing as using a bonding pouch?How in the world do you get them to go in your sport bra?
Posted By: Dwiizie

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 03:43 PM

Some people do use their bras AS bonding pouches. You'll find they have many different methods. Some gliders just hang out in the "cups", some wear a bra with a sports bra over top and the suggie snuggles in between the mountains in the sports bra. Others still buy "bra bonding pouches" which clip to your bra straps rather than having a "necklace" strap to wear them around your neck, some zippered some not. They also have little fleece "bra inserts" to be little bra comfy blanket things lol. I'm sure all the bra baby ladies will chime in for you smile

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 03:57 PM

Oh i see. I'll try that later on. I have the bra bonding pouch that zips. I'm too scared to put him in my bra since we r are at the beginning stage of bonding.
Posted By: Dwiizie

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 04:08 PM

Yeah, a lot of times they won't take to the bra right away. Offer it to him as a snuggly place to sleep and see if thats where he wants to go (treats don't hurt either) sometimes you start off with just a little time in the bra and build it up as you build trust. If you're worried about the non-zippered thing, you can always try the bra while in your tent or gliderproof play room/bathroom. That way if he decides he wants to jump away, you can move him back into the zippered pouch. Good luck!

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 04:18 PM

Thanks I will try tonight. Also I have a question regarding tent time. I try to do tent time at 9pm but he is still sound asleep. He doesn't wake up till 1 and by that time I'm sleeping because I wake up at 5am. I'm having trouble with my schedule and trying to figure out a way to accommodate his needs. I woke up today early sine he was awake and played in the tent for about 20-30 min. I also carry him when I get home till about 8 which then I go to the gym. Is this enough time? Or should leave him sleep then wait till the morning to have tent time or should I wake him up? So confused:( thank you
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 04:30 PM

I had this same issue with scheduling time with my furrballs in the beginning. And you probably won't want to do what I do...lol. I had been getting up at 5:30am to go the gym and then to work. But getting up that early I wanted to be in bed by 9:30 and they were still sleeping then. I would bring them with me in a bonding pouch during the day but I didn't have play time with them.

Soooooooo, now I get up at 4:00 and have playtime with them before I go to the gym for about 45 minutes. And I go to bed at 8:30. It works for me because my fiance is up at 3:30 for work and goes to bed early also. But it's not something that would work for everyone.....

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 04:44 PM

Ok so then when I get home around 4 I can carry him around and not play with him then wake up 45 min early the next morning and have playing then? I thought he needed playtime during the day and then at night too is this true? That's schedule works better for me since finding time for both is killing my sleep this past week ie been like a zombie walking because it's hard getting used to not having my daily nap an trying to stay up late to have tent time at night. I'm gonna try your schedule it seems it might work for me. Thank you so much.
Posted By: IslandGliders

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 05:51 PM

You can wake up early, or you can "train" him to become an early riser. I am a lobster(wo)man and my schedule is such that I have to be in bed by 8:00 every night.

My first suggies came to me waking up around midnight. Slowly I got them excited about tent time and "trained" them to wake up earlier and earlier (by waking them up a little earlier each night for tent time). Within a month, they were waking up on their own at 7:00--perfect!

And because sugar gliders have such keen hearing, I haven't had to train any gliders I've gotten since then. That first cage gets up and within a few weeks the new gliders are up with them as well.

The only problem? Now everyone is up at 6:00, which is a bit early! I always have to run to get their dinners because 6:00 creeps up on me so fast in the evening!

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 06:19 PM

Ok. I can try that too. I also am trying to get him a buddy so I want to train him so he can help his new future buddy.
Posted By: Sami

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/28/11 06:50 PM

Sometimes bra and bonding pouch time are the same for me tounge When I take my suggies places, I keep them in a pouch down my shirt. I use a drawstring pouch made of one thin layer of fleece so it fits down my shirt easier. When I'm at home they can go down just my shirt, but outside and in town I'm afraid someone would get excited from the surroundings and hop out.

Re: Confused. Diff between bra-time/bonding pouch time - 10/29/11 03:12 PM

ok. thanks very much
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL