GliderCENTRAL

do your suggies like to be held?

Posted By: Anonymous

do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 07:33 AM

I'm not quite sure if my suggie likes to be held (As in me have his hand around him.) But he has no problem being on me and being a bra baby or any of that stuff. He's bonded with me but quite personally i think he just likes to perch or cuddle in a cupped hand..which leads to a dillema.

I have the HARDEST time cutting his nails.
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 08:47 AM

Most gliders don't like to be held onto. They prefer to hold onto us. Some don't mind, depends on the glider.

Peanut loved to be held and loved on, we have a new girl who is older that also loves to be held and massaged.

Trim his nails during the daytime while he is in his pouch, pulling out one hand/foot at a time. It works much easier smile

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 09:34 AM

Mine just don't like me wrapping my hands around them. I can see why too.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:01 PM

I have one suggie who would rather be held by me 18 hours a day than anything else. He is quite on cloud 9 when I am holding him. Here is how he normally responds.

Either that or he holds tightly to my hand! He's my only suggie that does this. While my others may enjoy being held or snuggling, he's the only one who absolutely LOVES to snuggle SO much.

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:22 PM

oh my word that is by far the most adorable pic i have ever seen!!!

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:27 PM

teehee mine does that too. he will lay there, limp as a rag and allow you to hold and pet him. the first time or two he did it, it scared me a little because I wondered if he passed out or I did something wrong. LOL

I think mine is just playing 'possum' and enjoys the belly and neck rubs.

I'll have to get another picture of him doing it. It's hard, because he usually only gets that relaxed when its just me and him in the room.

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:32 PM

All of my sugar gliders love to be on me, two of them love to be pet, but none of them like to be held. I'd love to have one like Connie's above smile

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:33 PM

Ivory doesn't care who is around or where he is. That pic was taken on a car ride in the daytime! I got him from tammyangel and he came to me that way. Don't let her ever try to say she doesn't spoil her suggies! LOL! From the first time I held him, he LOVED to be cuddled and petted. He'll look up at you now and then with this, 'I'm-so-happy-and-I-wuv-you-soooo-much' look! Just melts my heart!
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:36 PM

My kids aren't much for being held...I offer them my hands and they go running up my arm. roflmao But, I've started to just sit there with cupped hands in the tent and my lil woman seems interested in sitting in my hands. She has to make sure she nibbles each finger first though. frown I dunno...maybe it depends on what they're doing at the time and what mood they're in? She looooves to have her head scratched though and will start licking my arm or put her head down on my arm until I scratch her.

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:42 PM

That is the funniest picture I've seen in a long time. How old is that little one?

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:48 PM

That is the most sweetiest pic. I only have 1 that loves to be held. The others just want to play.

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Rachel
That is the funniest picture I've seen in a long time. How old is that little one?

He was six months old to the day when that pic was taken yesterday. I was surprised actually, that he would relax in the car like that with the noise and light, but he doesn't seem to care where he is!

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Kiiru
She looooves to have her head scratched though and will start licking my arm or put her head down on my arm until I scratch her.

Awwwwwwwww! How precious! I can just picture this.
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 03:02 PM

Out of 5 only one likes to be held - and that's on her terms. If she's really sleepy she loves to cuddle up in my hand. Otherwise, she'd rather be in my bra or on my shoulder.

But my newest one might turn out to like to be held. Too soon to tell, but he doesn't mind me holding him in fleece.

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/22/08 07:46 PM

thats the most adorable picture ive ever seen! how sweet.

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/25/08 01:56 PM

I can FINALLY hold one of my gliders in my hand! I can now put my hand in the bonding pouch, scoop her up, and take her out without her grabbing onto the pouch and hanging on for dear life! LOL She will sit in my hand and let me rub her all over (She LOVES to be rubbed behind the ears!)! She grabs my fingers with her little feet and it's like she's grabbing ahold of my heart! But she DEFINATELY does NOT like to be "grabbed" or "held". The one time I made the mistake of grabbing her and holding her in my cupped hands, she bit me. That's the only time she has.
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/25/08 02:22 PM

Some of mine do, some don't. Timmy used to not like to, but after his ordeal, he loves it (esp. if I am rubbing him! lol)

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/25/08 02:49 PM

In a word...no!

My females will tolerate being held and cuddled if they are munching a mealie.

My males, forget it. You'd better have some fleece handy to scoop them up in, and you can expect them to nip to let you know they aren't happy!
Posted By: sweetheart26

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/25/08 04:13 PM

little joey Sunshine loves to be held ...an will go to sleep in my hands wink

Re: do your suggies like to be held? - 08/25/08 04:36 PM

Tito only likes to be held when he is tired, he will climb into our hand or on our chest if we are sitting and go to sleep, but he does not want to be held if he is wide awake and on the go..... he would rather explore explore explore.
© 2022 GliderCENTRAL