GliderCENTRAL

Too much to ask when completely bonded?

Posted By: Maiosameru

Too much to ask when completely bonded? - 05/23/12 05:30 PM

I was wondering when my little furrbutts are bonded to me if they will stay on me or in an open pocket when I go somewhere, or will I need to worry about them scampering off?
Posted By: etrnalsunshinee

Re: Too much to ask when completely bonded? - 05/23/12 06:04 PM

They could stay on you, but there is always a possibility of them getting startled and running off. I think it's best to keep your gliders in a zippered bonding pouch whenever you are leaving your home.
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Too much to ask when completely bonded? - 05/23/12 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Maiosameru
I was wondering when my little furrbutts are bonded to me if they will stay on me or in an open pocket when I go somewhere, or will I need to worry about them scampering off?

There is no real answer to this because each glider is an individual.
One "bonded" glider may not act the same as another "bonded" glider. One may stay on you, the other may not. You just cannot stereotype a "bonded" glider. Add to that the fact that each situation will be different. In one circumstance that glider may want to stay on you, in another that same glider may want to jump off you.
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Too much to ask when completely bonded? - 05/23/12 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: JillMarie
There is no real answer to this because each glider is an individual.
One "bonded" glider may not act the same as another "bonded" glider. One may stay on you, the other may not. You just cannot stereotype a "bonded" glider. Add to that the fact that each situation will be different. In one circumstance that glider may want to stay on you, in another that same glider may want to jump off you.

:agreed:
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Too much to ask when completely bonded? - 05/23/12 08:25 PM

I agree to a certain point with the above comment. ANY glider, no matter how bonded to an individual can get scared and jump off. No matter how bonded they are, they still have their "fight or flight" instinct. And guess which they will do?

Anytime you are outside of a safe area, I recommend that they are in a zipped bonding pouch, just to be safe. Not everyone does this as many people will walk around public places with them in their bras. You have to know your glider and be willing to take the risk of them jumping/running off.
Posted By: Maiosameru

Re: Too much to ask when completely bonded? - 05/23/12 08:38 PM

OKay thanks..my guys have started preferring to be in my shirt in the bonding pouch thus far..if I take them out they both just start shaking.
Posted By: xSwtxSugaX

Re: Too much to ask when completely bonded? - 05/26/12 07:06 AM

Its normal for gliders to shake after waking up. No worries. smile
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL