GliderCENTRAL

Mixing Up My Gliders..

Posted By: Anonymous

Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:17 AM

I got my two baby girls this morning and finally picked names and assigned the names. I am pretty sure i know which one is which (because of the way they behave) but they look almost the exact same! I would feel awful if i always mixed them up frown
Posted By: Suggiegramma

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:28 AM

Once you get to know them better, it'll be easier to tell them apart. Take a good look at their stripe on their forehead, one might be a little more crooked than the other.

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:30 AM

i know how you feel i just got my new ones today two and i have four that look almost identical i did learn however than one of my girls has a scar on her nose so that helps a little. smile good luck and have fun with your babies.

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:30 AM

Don't worry. As you learn more about them and spend time with them, it will get easier. I had that problem with a few of my rescues at first, but after a while it was like telling my twin friends apart- once you get to know them, they're as different as any other two people/animals. thumb
Posted By: paramedicyn

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:39 AM

When thier personalities really kick in you will be able to tell them apart at a glance!!

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:43 AM

I hope so! I can already tell they have very different personalities. One is much more outgoing while the other likes curling up in a corner. And i tried looking at their forehead stripes. One seems a little darker and wider than the other. But just a teeny tiny bit. lol
Posted By: BindiAndScrubbie

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:44 AM

Morgan, off topic but the cute little bundle of furr in your avatar...do you have fleece pouches yet for them to sleep in?

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:47 AM

I have two fleece pouches hanging from the sides plus a teepee hanging from the top. While they have ventured around a little they haven't made it into the pouches yet.. they have just been sleeping on the floor of the cage. I put one of my (unwashed) shirts on the floor so they wont get too cold but i dont want to force them into the pouches since i just got them. I dont want to scare them
Posted By: BindiAndScrubbie

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:49 AM

Honestly I would take out the shirt...their little nails could get stuck in the stitching. I would try putting a pouch near or on the floor instead. Cute lil baby!

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 04:52 AM

Ok ill try that. They go a little crazy when I put y hand in their cage but ill try and be swift about it
Posted By: wclanton423

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 05:40 AM

Welcome to GC Morgan. I'm here in Houston if you ever need anything. Try cutting small pieces of fleece and rub them on your body or stick the pieces in your bra so they will get your smell on them and then put them in the pouches. This will get your new glider use to your smell so they won't spazz when you go in their cage. Hopefully they will figure out their pouches tonight.

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 06:04 AM

Check out their tails too...I used to tell Kirby apart from Tanooki because his tail is way thinner...hers is nice and fluffy. Now it's easy to tell them apart because Kirby is so chubby roflmao

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 12:49 PM

I tell mine apart in several ways. The easiest is of course male and a female, but even if I'm not looking at underbellies I can tell. Oreo is very passive and lovey-dovey, Skittles is more of a romping and into everything personality. Oreo has a wider head and rounder face, with a wider stripe while Skittle's head is narrower, as well as the stripe, which is also peppered randomly with a couple white hairs. Oreo's grey is just slightly lighter than her, and on one side of her tail the black goes up a little bit like a stripe.

As you bond you will know them apart like second nature.

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 01:12 PM

We all mix them up in the beginning. Head and face markings are the easiest way to tell them apart. Have fun getting to know them!

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 02:27 PM

Thanks for the reassurances everyone. I put one of their sleeping pouches on the floor last night and they are now sleeping in it.
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/04/09 05:02 PM

When Dex and Caesar were put together once, i was able to tell them apart by looking at their hands. Caesar has long, slender, delicate fingers whereas Dex's are a little chubbier and stumpier.
Posted By: konotashi

Re: Mixing Up My Gliders.. - 09/10/09 03:50 AM

I had such a hard time telling Jake and Dakota apart.... I sometimes tell them apart by their personalities, but I normally just look at the tails. Jacobi has a kink near the end of her tail, so it's easy to tell.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL