GliderCENTRAL

The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question

Posted By: Anonymous

The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/22/07 09:31 PM

How much tofu should I use in with the basic mix? I have it seperated into 3 different batches; one with 3 egg yolks, one with 3/4 lb chicken, and this time I decided to try the tofu in the 3rd batch but I don't know how much to put in it.
Posted By: Msdoolittle

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/22/07 09:41 PM

I'm pretty sure it is half of a package, but can't remember for sure. Tyler-Gliderboy4life knows.

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/22/07 09:51 PM

Ok, thanks. I thought I had read somewhere that it was half a package.. that just seems like a lot.
Posted By: gliderboy4life

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/22/07 10:52 PM

Yes, some of them come in 2 slices and some come in 3 slices in one package. If you are following her recipe use 1/3 to 1/2 of the package. If you make a largger batch feel free to pm me if you need to know how much.
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/23/07 03:54 AM

Aren't we supposed to use the entire egg, and not just the yolk?
Posted By: LSardou

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/23/07 04:57 AM

I've always used the entire egg.

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/23/07 06:17 AM

Just an observation, but tofu is soybean curd. There is a sticky above this thread about the dangers of soy to gliders. I'm not making a a personal statement for or against soy, just pointing out an observation.

Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/23/07 01:56 PM

Lots of people are unsure about the affects of soy at this point. HPW, a great diet, has been used for years in Australia and uses soy. I don't think that it is toxic, but I wouldn't feed straight soy, like soybeans or soy milk.

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/23/07 08:05 PM

Ok, thanks I used 1/2 of the pack. The gliders loved it last night and cleaned their plates smile

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/23/07 08:16 PM

what type of tofu are you supposed to use? (soft, medium?, firm)
Posted By: gliderboy4life

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/23/07 11:00 PM

I use soft so it mixes well and they can't pick through it easy. Just squeeze it in your hands and that's how we mix it in just muhsed up and all throughout the mix.

Re: The Pet Glider Diet- Tofu question - 07/24/07 01:03 AM

Thanks Tyler. smile
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL