GliderCENTRAL

Priscilla diet???

Posted By: Anonymous

Priscilla diet??? - 06/30/08 10:32 PM

I'll be a new sugar glider owner at the end of fall and I've decided to put my new joey on the Priscilla diet. However, there are numerous things I have questions about. If there are any other specifics you'd like to add that i may have overlooked please please feel free to inform!

1)"1 T fresh ground flax seed or wheat germ, refrigerated" means 1 teaspoon or tablespoon?

2)"3 small or medium eggs, scrambled" when cooking the scrambled eggs do i use a cooking oil of some sort? If so which would you advise olive or canola?

3)Is there a list of preferred vegis and fruits? Should i go 50:50 in the 3/4 cup?

4)What is the serving amount per glider?

5)May i substitute the daily staple diet with Zoo Keepers Diet? http://www.sugar-gliders.com/zookeepers-secret.htm

6)Can I substitute the Pure apple juice diluted with half purified water 3-4 times per week with gliderade?

7)How much of the multivitamin should i be using?

8)Thank you so very much smile
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Priscilla diet??? - 06/30/08 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: ldolor2
I'll be a new sugar glider owner at the end of fall and I've decided to put my new joey on the Priscilla diet. However, there are numerous things I have questions about. If there are any other specifics you'd like to add that i may have overlooked please please feel free to inform!

1)"1 T fresh ground flax seed or wheat germ, refrigerated" means 1 teaspoon or tablespoon?
Tablespoon

2)"3 small or medium eggs, scrambled" when cooking the scrambled eggs do i use a cooking oil of some sort? If so which would you advise olive or canola?
Do not use butter or oil. You can use a little water, or you can microwave them for about 35 seconds.

3)Is there a list of preferred vegis and fruits? Should i go 50:50 in the 3/4 cup? It's 3/4 cup of each.
Fruits: Fresh or Frozen (not canned) Papayas, tangerines, pineapple, mango, cantaloupes, bananas, kiwi, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and cherries (pitted)
Veggies: Fresh or Frozen (not canned) Mixed veggies with peas, corn, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, collards, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, squash, red bell pepper, snow peas.

4)What is the serving amount per glider?
1 tbsp per glider

5)May i substitute the daily staple diet with Zoo Keepers Diet? http://www.sugar-gliders.com/zookeepers-secret.htm
Yes ( I did get the OK from Priscilla) but be sure that it's only used as a daily staple

6)Can I substitute the Pure apple juice diluted with half purified water 3-4 times per week with gliderade?
Yes

7)How much of the multivitamin should i be using?
1/4 tsp (one pinch per glider) I have two gliders, and sprinkle everything twice. Do not mix the vits in with their food, just sprinkle it on top.

8)Thank you so very much smile
thumb Your welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Re: Priscilla diet??? - 06/30/08 11:19 PM

1] Tablespoon

2] No, I wouldn't use any cooking oil

3] I just found a list of safe fruits and veggies and picked about four of each to use. I did look at ratios and tried to pick items that weren't too drastic in the ratio...i.e. 10:1

4] Mine eat anywhere from one to two ice cube size portions a night. They prefer the egg mix over the chicken.

5] I'm not sure what staple you can use. I just went with Priscilla's staple.

6] Not sure. I stick with natural fruit juices and change it up each month. Not sure what all is in Gliderade.

7] You sprinkle an 1/8 of a teaspoon over the food PER glider.

And I pour my batches into ice cube trays since this mix freezes solid and you can't scoop it like other diets. Once it's frozen I put the cubes into ziploc baggies. This way I can monitor how much they are eating and it's easier. ;P

Re: Priscilla diet??? - 07/05/08 04:46 AM

We use this diet with our sugar gliders and they love it! We've also used this diet successfully with our rescue/rehab sugar gliders and have had great success.

We had several rescues that were severely malnourished and using this diet put them back on the road to recovery!

We can't really add anything to what the other members have indicated. Good luck!

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL