GliderCENTRAL

Nutritional chart on bugs and worms

Posted By: Anonymous

Nutritional chart on bugs and worms - 01/26/07 07:43 AM

I am sure SG eat a lot of bugs in the wild. I have always felt this chart to be very helpfull.

http://www.grubco.com/Nutritional_Information.cfm

Posted By: KattyM

Re: Nutritional chart on bugs and worms - 01/26/07 07:53 AM

Thanks for sharing! It really shows at a glance how much fat, for instance, a wax worm has compared to a meal worm, although the overall Ca:P ratio is better. Interesting!

Re: Nutritional chart on bugs and worms - 01/26/07 08:20 AM

Yes, that is a great chart. I just have never figured out if it would apply to the same bugs from other sources. I dont think it does. I think it is specific for grubco bugs.

Re: Nutritional chart on bugs and worms - 01/26/07 12:53 PM

Great chart. In the wild the diet is made up of mainly insects and sap from eucalyptus and arcacia trees. Our local vet who has been treating gliders at the local zoo before going into private practice says that we should give gliders as many insects as we can catch to add as much natural calcium to their diet as possable. also it has been recommended to add green vegies as an added souce of calcium. They love snow peas and brocolli.This is on top of the vitamin suppliments that is in the nectar mix.

Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Nutritional chart on bugs and worms - 01/26/07 01:36 PM

Mine love the bugs, but not the green veggies! (Maybe I can read this to them???? lol)
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL