GliderCENTRAL

Barking Audio/Moderator Save

Posted By: reeny

Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/26/09 09:40 PM

Wanted to share this video with everyone. This happened last night and a few months ago. I was able to record this with my camera. There is no picture only sound of all my suggies barking. Not sure what they are saying maybe "Merry Christmas Everyone". But this went on for hours. They started barking around 2am I recorded this at 5am.

They all seem to join in like they are all communicating it is really amazing when this happens.

Wonder if anyone has several cages of suggies that will bark for hours. There are so many different sounds. It is hard to tell that these barks are coming for all different cages. Too Cool!
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/reeny55/?action=view&current=M4H00036.flv
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/26/09 11:36 PM

Wow! That is crazy. Perhaps a glider version of Christmas Carols!

My gliderkids usually bark one at a time with all the others freezing to listen to the story. The only time I have had several barking at one time was the night of the great escape - three gliders got out of a slide up door I fogot to put the twist lock back on. I had tattletales in the cage and silly Archy barked in reply - from the far side of my bedroom!

I still wonder if the three left the cage separately or if one was polite enough to hold the door open for the others!

Silly GliderKids
Posted By: josefine

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/26/09 11:47 PM

i loved listening to them, the noises they make are all so cute, even the crabbing one, is the neatest sound. too bad that they are sounding the crabbing noise because they are so scarred.
talk @ ya L8R
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/27/09 12:44 AM

They were barking at Santa silly girl!! Or at the ones that you can hear running in their wheels!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/27/09 02:03 AM

I thought it sounded like Christmas songs too!!

Yea mine start about 2 am and then again at 5. Wakes me up even with the door closed. It will keep going on and on unless I come out and say goodnight.:)
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/27/09 02:37 AM

Lol, great barking video... smile

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/27/09 03:05 AM

The video doens't really do it justice. YOu should be here to hear it. It really sound like they are talking to each other. I recorded this once before on my blackberry but it crashed and I lost the data.

It is really amazing how many join in and how long it lasts.
Posted By: josefine

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/29/09 05:34 AM

on 10-16, someone else recorded gliders barking. i think that it is a good idea to save these posts, because they may come in handy if someone escapes, & the sound may help find the little one, as it will come out to investigate the barking, i hope anyway.
talk @ ya L8R
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/31/09 05:19 PM

Thank you for posting the video. It's music to my ears.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/31/09 06:14 PM

My gliders live is separate family units, and this is pretty much standard behavior for them. It doesn't happen nightly but several times a week.

I have edited the title with a note for th Moderators so it will be Archived when the time comes and not lost.

Thank you so much for the audio.
Posted By: B19

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/31/09 07:09 PM

That is SO neat! I've only heard my little girl bark once, and that was the first night we had her smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/31/09 08:34 PM

Cute video. I have renamed my youngest glider. His name was BB (Bella's Baby his mom died shortly after he and his sister were born) BB is now known as BB BARKER. Like clock work EVERY morning at 2am he barks until I go down stairs to talk to him. Today Both BB Barker and Cody were barking. Add to that the sounds of two Weimaraners Barking and the house is LOUD. I always say I live at a zoo:0)

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 12/31/09 10:19 PM

I love when they do this it just amazes me how many hours it can last and how many of them get involved and how many sounds they can make.

Thanks for the comments!

Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 01/01/10 07:19 PM

I just played this and right away my gliders started barking! roflmao
Posted By: Tish84

Re: Barking Audio/Moderator Save - 01/01/10 07:38 PM

LOL I played it and Mimkin had a delayed sleep bark
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL