GliderCENTRAL

Cinnamon glider?

Posted By: HollyGlider

Cinnamon glider? - 07/09/12 10:34 AM

I saw these 2 joeys the other day listed as cinnamon. I could not see a difference between them and my standards. What makes them cinnamon?

Attached picture cinnamon.jpg
Attached picture cinnamon2.jpg
Posted By: etrnalsunshinee

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/09/12 12:31 PM

The pictures aren't great quality so I can't tell for sure, but they good have a more red/brown tint to their fur than a classic grey. Cinnamons do tend to look very similar to greys so unless you have a picture with a cinni next to a classic you can't always tell the difference.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/09/12 03:08 PM

I don't see a cinnamon glider, I see a standard grey.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/09/12 03:37 PM

I thought they were standard gray. I bought a joey from this lady once that was supposed to be cinnamon, but I really didn't see a difference.
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/09/12 03:56 PM

I see adorable little standard grays as well. heart If I'm not mistaken, cinnamon gliders come with a lot of controversy as a lot of people believe the red/brownish undertones of their fur is simply nothing more than staining. dunno A lot of "cinnamons" turn back to a lovely shade of gray once their diets are switched or they're kept in cleaner living conditions. dunno
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/09/12 05:03 PM

yep. I'm one of those that doesn't believe that "cinnie" is a true color.

Diet (even the "approved" diets) can have an effect on the coloring of gliders. you can even have 4 gliders in the same cage eating the same food and only one have the diet effect their coloring.

I agree...I see adorable but grey joeys.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/09/12 05:06 PM

A lot of the time i see standards falsely advertised as cinnamon for profit. I didn't know these gliders were standard when i got my first glider a while back. It was also sick. But now i know to check them out before i get them.
Posted By: SonGoku

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/15/12 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: etrnalsunshinee
Cinnamons do tend to look very similar to greys so unless you have a picture with a cinni next to a classic you can't always tell the difference.

Like this?

Juliana is my Cinnamon, Raphael is my Classic Grey. I've been told many times that Juliana's fur is 'stained', but she gets exactly the same diet as Raphael. Vet also confirmed. Doesn't matter to me, she is happy, healthy, and in far better shape than when we first found the little girl, terrified and alone, in the front yard roughly 3 months ago. And I love 'em both!

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/15/12 11:51 PM

That is a great color comparison shot! But if its only been 3 months on the new diet, she could still turn a beautiful grey.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/16/12 07:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing, Shelly. It's been a very short amount of time and diet can take several months before it works its magic. Also keep in mind that each glider metabolizes diet differently so even some gliders that are on a perfectly healthy diet have a bit of tint to them sometimes.
Posted By: kikimeeko13

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/16/12 07:37 PM

My Kiki is like that also. She's had the same exact food as Meeko for as long as they've been together and she's more brown than he is.

Meeko

Kiki

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/16/12 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: kikimeeko13
My Kiki is like that also. She's had the same exact food as Meeko for as long as they've been together and she's more brown than he is.

Meeko

Kiki

Kiki is really brown and pretty.
Posted By: Cora

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 01:32 AM

What you have are grays. Spencer would beg to differ with you Dancing! He is WFC. His skin is even real pink in color

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 04:42 AM

Thank you Holly!

I'm not really sure if Cinnamon is really a color or not and i absolutely HATE not having their lineage, ya know? And because they've been on the exact same diet and stuff, i don't know why she'd be so brown?
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 06:06 AM

There are many, many variations of the gray glider. These range from very light grays that look almost silver to the "black beauties" which have thick black markings and darker fur color plus every color in-between. This includes shades of brown. Look up brownies (google sugar glider brownie color). While these gliders do look more brown, I don't really consider them their own coloration. I believe they are a variation along the gray scale.

Of course diet, environment, etc could all be factors. I just wanted to get the whole gray-scale thing out there. Just like there are a ton of different mosaics out there that are all just different looking mosaics, I also believe that there are a lot of different grays out there that are all just different looking grays.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 05:50 PM

I agree with StitchsMom. You can have a glider that is more brown in color and that be its natural color - its just a variation of the standard grey. However, most times when we see a "cinnamon" glider, it is due to diet and when put on a good diet eventually become a beautiful grey glider.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 07:55 PM

I have seen gliders in mine's lineage that says red variations and they are brown tinted with red markings. Maybe somewhere along the lines if she is not stained, she could have buttercream in her?
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Dancing
yep. I'm one of those that doesn't believe that "cinnie" is a true color.

Diet (even the "approved" diets) can have an effect on the coloring of gliders. you can even have 4 gliders in the same cage eating the same food and only one have the diet effect their coloring.

I agree...I see adorable but grey joeys.

I agree with Teresa - I'm not a believer in true cinnamons, either. Yes, I have seen those gliders that look it and I don't think there is anything wrong with the color or anything, it's just another shade of gray (that doesn't appear gray, lol).

I have had two girls that have looked cinnamon and my others all look gray. BUT I have seen BOTH of these girls look a gorgeous crisp gray on other diets. I think gliders just digest/process their food differently (just like people do) and sometimes it affects their color. The diet they were on years ago, when Lili turned gray made a couple of my other gliders really overweight and appear not as healthy, so they didn't stay on it. Every other diet, Lili looks beige, her skin is very pink also, but her fur is dark reddish-brown where it should be black, and beige or cream colored where it should be gray or white. It is a very uniform and not unattractive color, but it doesn't make her a true cinnamon.

But that's just my opinion. wink

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 08:58 PM

Sometimes I think it's sad when people are like "Oh I just got this beautiful cinnamon glider" when in reality, it could be unhealthy/stained.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/17/12 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: HollyGlider
Sometimes I think it's sad when people are like "Oh I just got this beautiful cinnamon glider" when in reality, it could be unhealthy/stained.

I just want to note here that not all stained gliders are unhealthy.
Posted By: sitkasmom

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: HollyGlider

My Mudbug was healthy as a horse... He was just really really badly stained when I got him.. He was orange.

Hi staining has pretty much gone now.

I do have one little girl who has a brownish tint to her, but she is still a standard grey to me. I don't really think there is such a thing as a cinnamon either...

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 01:02 AM

I also agree with this - staining and/or a different coat color does not always mean unhealthy, unclean, malnourished, abused or neglected. thumb

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: sugarlope

I also agree with this - staining and/or a different coat color does not always mean unhealthy, unclean, malnourished, abused or neglected. thumb

So it doesn't mean they are malnourished? I always thought if they were stained that they were not on a healthy diet. I learn something new about them everyday.

I do know my "cinnamon" glider was malnourished and now is healthy and grey.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 01:42 AM

Yes, some of them absolutely are. But this is not always true. As I said, one of mine is brown/beige, but she is 9 years old and has been this color (except for a few months) since she was 1 yr old and had several very healthy, beautiful joeys while she was breeding. I have seen many such gliders, that while their color is not a crisp, bright gray, they are very healthy, active, good appetites, on good diets.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 01:56 AM

My Kiki has a very good appetite and is very very active especially in her wheel. She's one of the more brown colored suggies I have seen. She's very healthy, active, and happy…just a little more on the brown side smile

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 02:44 AM

What about Spencer, he has been cin for 5 years!

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 04:35 AM

Spencer is stained from all the smooches he gets!

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 06:38 AM

no, hes not, lol he is a white faced cinnamon.
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 12:36 PM

I've never really wondered extensively about this topic but this thread has me thinking. If cinnamon really is a variation - is there evidence from lineage to prove it?

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 01:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe there is buttercream, etc in the lineage. I've seen standard gliders that are light brown tinted and come from creamino lines.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 06:38 PM

Cora...I was only teasing...

Buttercream...there is another mystery. I think that perhaps buttercream and lion may be the same color. My wt glider, Everest came from a wt mom and a buttercream dad. Dad was probably the prettiest glider I've ever seen. His coloring was just incredible. All the gliders in her home were WHITE WHITE where they were supposed to be white except for Dad. There was no mistaking he was "buttercream". Then I got to see some true lions. And I have to say, I believe they are the same "color".

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 06:58 PM

Buttercream
http://www.freewebs.com/glidercraze/PriscillaButtercream1.jpg

Lion
http://www.scrapbookingmoms.com/azsuggies/Images/glider_colors/lion.jpg

Here are comparison pics to look at.
I would hope they wouldn't be that stained shock

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 07:54 PM

found a few cinnamon glider lineages

http://www.thepetglider.com/pedigree/modules/animal/pedigree.php?pedid=481

http://www.thepetglider.com/pedigree/modules/animal/pedigree.php?pedid=301

http://www.thepetglider.com/pedigree/modules/animal/pedigree.php?pedid=146
Posted By: Angellica

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 08:25 PM

What about WFB champagnes? Has anyone heard of them?

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 08:35 PM

I have heard of champagne. Aren't they a lighter shade than lion?

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 08:43 PM

Not sure I am getting one, I have seen his pictures but I can't really tell.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 08:45 PM

If that is a color, it might look something like the one on the right, not sure.
http://www.toandfrogliders.com/FileHierarchy/MeetTheFamily/Babyz/Leucistic%20Hets/Liani/4.jpg

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 08:52 PM

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg65/...0415091929a.jpg
That is him.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 09:09 PM

He's really pretty. I have never heard of wfb champagne before.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 09:12 PM

Yeah. I haven't either.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 09:14 PM

Does he have a champagne parent?

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 09:27 PM

I'm not sure.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 09:36 PM

Maybe if you asked them for the lineage you could look through it?

The wfb I got came from a long line of plats/wfbs/leus.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 09:43 PM

I never even thought to ask about it. I will do that :DD

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/18/12 09:55 PM

tounge
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/19/12 12:15 PM

Hmmmm.....But is there evidence that a "cinnamon" has produced another? Wouldn't that be the easiest way to tell if they actually were their own color variation or just another grey variation?
Posted By: norton33

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/19/12 03:52 PM

Our 10 year old "standard" looks pretty cinnamon to me... her colors used to be just all washed out, no stripes, no black anywhere really until we got her on a good diet. She's been on a good diet for well over a year now, but kept her cinnamon tinge.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/19/12 07:46 PM

Maybe not their own color. I think cinnamon could just be gliders with different color variations in their lineage. Maybe just causing them to be tinted? So it could be for example standard then however much % of the color variation, instead of saying cinnamon.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/25/12 01:17 PM

For Example
Posted By: FurLife

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/26/12 06:52 PM

Perhaps the cinnimons are a mix of the grey and the creams, both traits expressing themselves? Just a guess though, I'm not familiar with the genetics.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 07/27/12 03:55 AM

That's what I was thinking. I think people are referring to the color as a cinnamon color, but it's not an actual color in itself. Just like creamino and cinnamon offspring and it's just easier to call them cinnamon hued.

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 08/02/12 09:50 AM

and standard*
Posted By: AmandaSnyder

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 08/02/12 10:10 AM

To me he looks like a plain wfb...but i had a female that was a cinnamon color and two of her joeys have turned out to show the same coloring..i dnt really mark it on there linage...i consider it just a shade of gray...i do agree that alot of the time people will say there cinnamon to make profits ..i ve seen it alot on hoobly...

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 08/02/12 10:31 AM

Do they have any other colors in the lineage? Or just pure greys? I agree, it's all I see when I look them up.
I have looked on Cinnies in the Glider Ads and it is almost empty. I am still not positive of if it is a true color or not.
Just something I have been curious of for quite a while.
And actually, a previous glider of mine, Holly, was supposed to be cinnamon.
Posted By: Owndbymyfurballs

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 08/02/12 10:37 AM

My first glider was thought to be a cinnamon when she first came home, but nope. After getting her on a good diet she turned out to be a beuatiful grey. :grey:
Posted By: AmandaSnyder

Re: Cinnamon glider? - 08/02/12 01:22 PM

Yeah they had wfb wf standards n cinnamon ...they were both lue het but never proved out...
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL