GliderCENTRAL

One White hair

Posted By: kelii

One White hair - 10/29/09 02:31 AM

I found one tiny white hair on the tip of my baby's tail. Does that make her a white tip?
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 02:43 AM

I think it does actually.

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 02:59 AM

its pretty minuscule.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 03:17 AM

I would have to say no. It oculd be just a fluke hair like the random grey hair on a human child.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 03:26 AM

Do you have a pic for us to see?
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 03:59 AM

How old is she? Does she come from WT lines?

Older gliders often have a little bit of salt and peppering in their fur, so a few random white hairs isn't that unusual.

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 11:32 AM

Heres the best pic I could get.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk6/kelii36/oct2009011.jpg

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Guerita135
How old is she? Does she come from WT lines?

Older gliders often have a little bit of salt and peppering in their fur, so a few random white hairs isn't that unusual.

She's two and a half, and I don't know anything about her lines.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 12:47 PM

ummmm, no
That would not make her a wt. I'm sure that if I search my grey gliders I will find a random white hair here and there. That would not make them mosaics either.

Re: One White hair - 10/29/09 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Dancing
ummmm, no
That would not make her a wt. I'm sure that if I search my grey gliders I will find a random white hair here and there. That would not make them mosaics either.

lol, I didn't think so, but I wanted to make sure.
Posted By: MatchMakerMagic

Re: One White hair - 11/06/09 06:01 PM

Even a glider from WT lines can have a few stray white hairs in their tail or tip of the tail and they are still probably not WT's.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: One White hair - 11/06/09 07:16 PM

I would just like to clarify what a WT looks like, I know about a month ago a girl came of here asking if her glider was a WT because she had a faded white streak on the side of its tail, which is not a WT.

Here is my glider Boo he has a fairly sizeable WT but small compaired to his brothers and sister.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ErichB_bucket/IMG_0317.jpg?t=1257535370 \

~Erich

EDIT:

All gliders can have a few stray white or gray hairs depending on age, as metion above. But this does not make them a white tip or as Dancing has said a mosaic. roflmao
Is there an interesting story behind that one?

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL