GliderCENTRAL

Sleeping on the floor

Posted By: Anonymous

Sleeping on the floor - 06/24/08 02:22 PM

For the last week or so the girls have been sleeping on the floor of the cage. They get under the fleece huddled in a ball. I was wondering if they are just getting to hot when they are both in one pouch together? We keep the house at 74. I have 2 fleece/fleece pouches, 2 flannel/fleece, 1 cotton/fleece, and 1 hanging square hammock. This morning they are in different pouches sleeping. I'm not sure what I should do.
Posted By: hipbchik

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 06/24/08 02:24 PM

Did you wash the pouches recently? Have you switched detergent?
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 06/24/08 02:24 PM

I'm having the same problem with my quad. You may want to try pouches with larger bottom area (my gliders have liked Karin's Glider Cabana House) or a no-sew cube.

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 06/25/08 02:37 AM

I washed some but not all of them and with the same soap. They all have boxed corners so I don't know how else to make the bottom any bigger. I'm going to try to make a cube and see if they like that. Before when it was just Willow she ever did that but now that her & Zanna sleep together that's when it started. Even on the floor they are in a tight ball lol.

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 06/29/08 06:42 AM

My pouch is 12 x 12 and it still gets a little to crowded for one of my gliders.... and when this happens she just moves to either the Who House or the Corner Pouch for a while... she has even slept in the wheel before.

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 06/29/08 01:37 PM

Quincy switches his sleeping pouches all the time. He'll be in one a few nights, then the other after that...right now he's actually in his igloo I stuffed with fleece for a play area..seems he decided to try sleeping in it today. I'm actually thinking of a cube type sleep pouch for jay & silent bob because boy do they fuss and crab and move around in their pouch trying to settle in for the day. (as I type the pouch is moving lol)

Im sure if they do get too warm or uncomfortable, they'll go to a pouch.

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 06/29/08 06:46 PM

Now that I gave gizmo his tambourine hammock he sleeps in it with the little fleece bits and his ducky all the time.

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 07/06/08 08:34 PM

i LOVE the no-sew cube! Jadyn and Gunner have moved into there as their sleeping area. They just love the room!!
It's really cute too!
I don't hear Gunner crabbing that much anymore, as if to tell Jadyn "move over woman!"
lol..
Posted By: gliderma

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 07/06/08 09:34 PM

What is the no sew cube?

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 07/06/08 11:16 PM

My two sleep on the floor under their fleece, too. I don't know why, though. I always just thought they did it for a change instead of being in the pouch all of the time. dunno
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 07/06/08 11:39 PM

gliderma - Here are instructions on how to make one, including pictures: http://www.suzsugargliders.com/nosewcube.htm
Posted By: vagraphix

Re: Sleeping on the floor - 07/30/08 12:15 PM

my litle girl that I adopted last friday sleeps on the floor also. She was in the pouch with her entire family when I got her so I know she is used to pouches. If she is asleep I can sometimes scoop her up and put her in her hammack and she may or may not stay in it. Makes it kind of hard to swap blankets or pouches with the two I want to bond her with if she won't sleep in a pouch.................
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL