GliderCENTRAL

Do Sugar Gliders Dream?

Posted By: Anonymous

Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 01:58 AM

ShyGuy is sleeping in my bra right now, and I just noticed he was sort of twitching a little, like a dog does sometimes when it's asleep. He's perfectly healthy, and the second I pet him and woke him up it stopped. Does this mean he might be 'dreaming'?

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 02:05 AM

they dream. I think. Ours will twitch their tails when they sleep....... it's so cute..
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 02:09 AM

Ya...I think they dream. I've caught my guys running in their sleep a couple times and one time while Yin was sleeping, she let out this weird squeel that sounded like a cat got its tail stepped on. XD

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 02:29 AM

awww... of course they dream! All beings capable of some form of higher thought dream... of course, there is some debate over what "higher thought" is. To put it easily, I see no reason to believe that reptiles or inverts dream- I think mammals' brains work quite differently. Of course, that is up for debate.

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 02:48 AM

Well, then I won't worry that he was twitching. I find he cleans a lot. He'll bring his little back paw up and start grooming while he's sleeping... He's crazy.

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 04:52 AM

My little boys twitch their feet and make little whimpering sounds. LOL It's very cute!

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 05:08 AM

charlie makes cute little noises when he dreams, and he twitches a bit. it's super cute. i have yet to see if mimzy does this though..

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 06:02 AM

Mine make the cutest little noises when they dream!
On time my boy started barking in his sleep! He started barking in the middle of the day and I ran into see what was wrong and when I looked in his pouch he was sound asleep, but was barking. Haha.
Posted By: Allidal

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 06:52 AM

Mine dream of mealies.
Posted By: Allidal

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 07:01 AM

Proof roflmao

Re: Do Sugar Gliders Dream? - 07/30/08 07:33 AM

hahaha allison..that's precious
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL