GliderCENTRAL

Gliders sleeping on floor of cage!

Posted By: Anonymous

Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 01:48 AM

I went out of town for a few days Saturday. When I called home Saturday night to check on everyone, my partner told me that Bella was sleeping in the floor of the cage under the liner. She got out and ate dinner and ran in her wheel, then she went back to the bottom of the cage for the night. The same thing happened last night. And when I came home today BOTH gliders were under the cage liner!!! What could this be??? I know that Donna can be a bully, but since SHE was under the liner with Bella today, I doubt that is the issue. Did I not get all the soap out of the pouches? Are the fleece pouches too hot now that I have the heater running at night? What the heck is going on here???

Re: Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 01:51 AM

Huh thats weird my little ones have done that... I noticed it was after a long tent time, and I figured they were just tired and cuddled up the first place they could. Havent done it again yet...
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 02:12 AM

How many pouches do you have in their cage? Sometimes they like a change.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 02:28 AM

Be aware of any other changes in their behavior or appearance, as sleeping at the bottom of the cage can sometimes indicate early signs of a health concern. Otherwise, I would change pouches/add pouches if that might be an issue and check them both over well (look at their eyes, ears, mouths, body, check for dehydration, activity, and watch their appetite).

Hopefully it's just them being silly, but it's always better to err on the side of overly cautious with these little ones. hug2

Re: Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 03:45 AM

ours did that once in a while for no reason we could figure out (except maybe to scare the daylights out of us when we found empty pouches)....although they seem to have outgrown that tendency

Re: Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 03:56 AM

My two boys do it all the ime. I hink they sometimes like a solid base to sleep on. We also have a girl who loves to sleep under her play house.

Re: Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 02:38 PM

I changed out the pouches and they are both in one of them this morning!!!!! And it is one that was not washed the last time I cleaned everything... so my guess is that I did NOT get all of the soap out! Back to the wash!!!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions yall!!!!!
Posted By: vagraphix

Re: Gliders sleeping on floor of cage! - 11/04/08 04:26 PM

my two youngest ones do it sometimes but not often. Willow will take a short nap under her stealth wheel at night sometimes.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL