GliderCENTRAL

How do you tell when they are stressed??

Posted By: Anonymous

How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/16/06 11:56 PM

I was just wonderin... how do you tell if there stressed??? Besides maby just a change in habit or acting weird... id like to know a few of the signs of it.
Thnx
Posted By: Blue02celi

Re: How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/17/06 12:03 AM

self mutilation can be caused by stress...

Re: How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/17/06 12:47 AM

Well...there are a lot more subtle signs than SM too that hopefully you would notice first.

I think there is a really good post on it someone created on here...hopefully someone else will link you to it.

some things that come to mind for me are not eating as well as usual for multiple days, weight loss, acting lethargic, acting unusually hyper (especially running in circles or things of that sort), unusual vocalizations. Hope this helps...is your glider acting funny?

Posted By: Blue02celi

Re: How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/17/06 01:52 AM

that was the only sign I knew of,but like 7glider7 said, there are others to look for, SM being the worst case scenario, sorry if it sounded like that was the only sign
Posted By: glidrz5

Re: How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/17/06 02:05 PM

I have a glider who is easily stressed out. He was a rescue and has always been very nervous, and will stress over the smallest things. When something stresses him he will start to overgroom and will end up with 2 little bald eyebrows. I do my best to keep his stress leval down & not do anything unusual that will upset him but with him being so nervy it's not always easy.

Re: How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/17/06 10:08 PM

K- thanks alot.
Iv heard of gliders doing SM and not eating but i just wanted to make sure if enything happens to stress them out i wana know what the signs are.
Thanx alot!!
Posted By: Xglider

Re: How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/17/06 10:29 PM

Glider issues / illnesses seem to pop up in minutes, any major change in behavior is something to watch … over grooming, not eating and SM have been mentioned.. for those that are closely bonded noticing a change in behavior, not wanting to play, being lethargic…

Oh I just thought of a great post that might help… Body Language of a Sick glider

Re: How do you tell when they are stressed?? - 10/18/06 12:25 AM

so the two small bald spot on the eyebrow is stress meaning? woah..ok now i noe
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL