GliderCENTRAL

Are they mating?????

Posted By: Anonymous

Are they mating????? - 06/12/08 07:05 PM

The past week or so my gliders (boy & girl) have been actin a little funny.
first of all his penis is constantly out (it does go back in, but he has it out several time a day)and he has been making this kinda kissing sound (like when your calling a dog or something) when he is around her. Also he is always sticking his head under her tail?
She hasnt been acting any different, but i was just wondering is she in heat, or are they trying to make a little glider or what?

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/12/08 07:18 PM

Yep, sounds like they're mating smile
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/12/08 08:13 PM

Are you sure he's the one doing the hissing and not the girl? Females will sometimes making a noise that sounds like a mix between a hiss and a bark when they're in heat.

If he's rubbing his head/chest under her tail then she's probably in heat. That's what my boy does when my girl is in heat.

How old are your gliders?

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/13/08 02:04 PM

They are about a year a 2 months old.

And no its him making the noises, and its not a hissing sound, its more like a kissing/smacking sound.
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/13/08 02:32 PM

Sounds like she might be in heat or will be soon...my little man's nose is basically glued to his woman's butt a few days before and during her heat cycle. It's obnoxious. :S

Not sure what the noise is though. Do males call their women to them too? o.0 To me, it sounds like they're saying "shut up" in a little chipmunk voice more than it sounds like a hiss/bark mix though. dunno

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/13/08 05:42 PM

yeah the noise was really weird, because he has never made a noise like that before, and hes not being mean or anything hes just lookin at her makin that noise..lol

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/13/08 07:43 PM

Wow, 2 months is WAY too young to be breeding. If he's trying to mate her then you need to separate them for a few days til she's no longer in heat.

That's why females should be put in with YOUNGER males. Because males mature alot faster then females. A female should be bred til she's about 10 months old, but males are ready to mate as young as 3 months old!
Posted By: ssdreamsicles

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/13/08 08:09 PM

I think she means a yr and 2 months old At least thats what i get when i read it.

Re: Are they mating????? - 06/13/08 10:40 PM

Whoops, I think you're right, I misread. I was thinking that it was a bit young for glider to be going into heat, lol. tounge
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL