GliderCENTRAL

Tail moving like snake

Posted By: anjill_tree

Tail moving like snake - 05/09/09 12:10 PM

I was playing with Anjill, she hangs upside down, tail curled passed her head, and moving her tail just like a snake was crawling. I have'ntseen any of my other gliders do that? I was wondering why this behavior?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tail moving like snake - 05/09/09 12:17 PM

It means she's feeling playful. smile I've never seen my female do it... but my male does it all the time. Nothing to be worried about.
Posted By: anjill_tree

Re: Tail moving like snake - 05/09/09 12:32 PM

Good, She got rambuncious, too. Thank You Calli
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Tail moving like snake - 05/09/09 12:44 PM

My female 6 month OOP Arwen does that alot. Usually followed by a pounce and hunt and attack mode
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Tail moving like snake - 05/09/09 10:39 PM

The first time one of my boys did it, it was because he saw something he didn't understand. I actually wonder if it is a defensive/curious mechanism as well. I don't think he was scared, but curious of what was in front of him and it looked like he moved his tail so to attract attention away from his body in case it was not friendly. So it is almost like (mine) seem to use it as a predator/prey maneuver. They will also do it before the pounce. dunno

Re: Tail moving like snake - 05/10/09 12:05 AM

Really now? I read a while back that is was because they were feeling playful... and my male seems to do it a lot when I walk up to the cage after he's been jumping around in it, playing.

Re: Tail moving like snake - 05/10/09 12:40 AM

I noticed mine do it when they get nervous or are not sure of something. But once they realize it's ok off they go to either eat or play
© 2022 GliderCENTRAL