GliderCENTRAL

Do Females Mark Things?

Posted By: Anonymous

Do Females Mark Things? - 12/11/09 06:52 AM

My gliders seem to be getting pretty close to me now smile They are actually happy during tent time. When I try to get out of the tent they jump on me, and wont get down. I have a hard time getting out. They now jump all over me, and run around the tent. They climb all over the sides, and top of the tent, and run like crazy on their wheel. I am so happy! I think they like me! Yeah!!! dance

I noticed tonight my female was rubbing her body against the side of the tent. I never seen her do that before. It looked kinda funny. She moves quick, but makes sure she is rubbing on it. Do you think she is marking the tent, or just itchy? I didnt think females marked things. I know she doesnt have flees or anything, so Im a little confused. Could this mean she is finally happy with me, and the tent? What do you think?
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Do Females Mark Things? - 12/11/09 07:03 AM

yes, females do mark things. They don't have the same scent glands that the males do (the big ones on their chest and head) but they do have others. They will also use small amounts of urine (eeewww) to mark with.

When your female grabs onto you with her front feet and holds on tight and starts hopping back and forth with her back feet (the bootay dance) she is marking you. It is so funny to watch them when they do this. I have seen males do this too but not very often.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL