GliderCENTRAL

Wondering why he does this??

Posted By: Anonymous

Wondering why he does this?? - 12/18/09 12:30 AM

Out of the 3 gliders I have only one does something weird, or at least I think it's weird.

Cody (he's 4yrs old) will run up my arm, jump on my head, lean over and look me in the eyes, then go down my neck and lick my ears.

Is this odd behavior or does he just really like me? His tongue feels long. Cody does this every time we are in the tent and once he starts he doesn't stop until he feels he's done.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Wondering why he does this?? - 12/18/09 01:13 AM

roflmao It's what one could call a 'weird but normal' action. Some gliders are just natural 'lickers'. I have one glider that will constantly groom the back of my neck or under my chin.
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Wondering why he does this?? - 12/18/09 02:37 AM

Awww!! He loves you!! smile

Re: Wondering why he does this?? - 12/18/09 03:10 AM

So it's a good thing then? I'm use to LARGE dogs so having something small and furry on my face is a bit scary. I did manage to get a picture of Cody kissing me I look awful since I'm sick but I did show the kids and they thought it was cute

I'm glad that my little buddy loves me:0)
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Wondering why he does this?? - 12/18/09 06:13 AM

When the one who are bra babies get inside my shirt, they immediately start grooming me until I'm clean to their satisfaction. It felt weird at first but now, it's just part of being a suggie slave. Heck, I hate to admit it but sometimes I'm so busy, I don't really notice them grooming me. It's that natural to me now.

They each groom differently. Calypso starts at my neck and goes all the way up and around to my forehead, including my ears. If I try to distract her, she'll start over again, even if she was almost done. She's the only one I try to distract because she has to "hold me still" while she grooms. Hard to not move! Roo has to get in my bra and mark the dickens out of me and my bra, then lick my chest. Wynn has to lick my chest and neck. Eragon has to clean my neck and Saphira has to clean my shoulders, arms, hands and fingers. Try having a glider start cleaning your shoulder, then climb down your sleeve as they clean to your fingertips. Definitely a different experience!

Re: Wondering why he does this?? - 12/18/09 11:47 AM

That's showing love!!! My Bubbles likes to lick my earings and ears for some strange reason.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Wondering why he does this?? - 12/19/09 11:39 PM

Geesh Connie - do you even need to shower with all that grooming going on? roflmao
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL