GliderCENTRAL

Another neutering question

Posted By: Anonymous

Another neutering question - 05/31/08 03:16 AM

First, I just want to say sorry for this. I think I have read every post on here about neutering (to see if my question had already been asked by someone else and answered), but I couldn't find it. But I did try!

Okay, so I got my boy Bruce neutered 2 weeks ago. I was worried, because he is a little less social and apt to change as my girls are (but seeing as how his eldest daughter was about to be "of age," it needed to happen!). I am still checking his area and all, and while everything looks fine, his pom seems to be, for lack of a better term, withering. Like, it seems like it might be shriveling up. Now, maybe I'm not seeing it correctly (because he does look kind of funny being shaved and all!), but I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this. Maybe his pom is just pulled tight to his body, and with it being hairless it just looks tiny.

I have been reading all sorts of posts, and it seems like this is a genuinely good and honest forum, and I appreciate all the help you guys have already given me! Thanks so much! laugh

Becky
Owner of Bruce and Sandy...
...then Sprusal
...then Izma
...and finally the last two (3 weeks OOP girls, unnamed)
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Another neutering question - 05/31/08 04:55 AM

The scrotum will get smaller and draw up after a neuter in some males. As long as there is no inflammation/redness and seems to be healing well, I think you are ok. Watch for an open wound or discharge from the area, redness or swelling. thumb

Re: Another neutering question - 06/01/08 01:33 AM

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I will keep checking him, and other than a disappearing pom, he seems perfectly fine. In fact, he seems to be acting better now since he has been neutered! Maybe he knows he won't have to take care of any more babies!! Thanks so much again!

Becky

Re: Another neutering question - 06/06/08 04:02 AM

Okay so its been 2 weeks now since Bruce has been neutered, and he is definitely 100% completely healed (yay!). His pom, however, has almost completely disappeared. It is now so tiny, I really have to squint to see it. He hasn't been acting funny or anything, and I know the window has passed for SM following a surgery, but since its not really his pom anymore, is there a chance that he is going to bother it?

This is still one of the strangest things I've seen. And I looked EVERYWHERE before I sucked it up and asked someone about it. I couldn't find anything related to "male scrotum shrinking and disappearing following being neutered." I only read that the bald spot might fade, but I hope it doesn't because I will have a hard time telling Bruce apart from all my girls!!

Becky
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: Another neutering question - 06/06/08 04:55 PM

It's completely normal for the pom to shrink up/look deflated following a neuter because it's now empty wink Since you're at the 2 weeks post-neuter mark with no issues and it's completely healed, you shouldn't have any worries about him bothering it wink
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL