GliderCENTRAL

Glider Tattoo

Posted By: kikimeeko13

Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 04:15 AM

I think this is where I am supposed to post this, but I'm not sure… dunno

So… I am thinking about getting my gliders' hand prints as a tattoo. I wasn't sure on how to do this so maybe someone has a safe idea or maybe it just isn't possible.

My brother's girlfriend got her dogs paw print tattooed on her side, and I thought about getting one hand print of each of my gliders on either my collar bone or my shoulder blade. What she did is she put her dog on a scanner and scanned all of his feet and picked out the one she wanted. I wasn't sure if their feet would even show up on the scanner or if I could even get them to sit still long enough to do it.

Anyone have any ideas? grin
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 04:27 AM

If you use a scanner, make sure not to use one with the super bright lights (my current scanner has a small green line that basically runs the length when scanning and very little light is emitted).

I would think it would be a little difficult to get done, but I had never thought about something like that before. dunno

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 04:31 AM

Are there any other options I could do? I know people that have used ink, but I wouldn't think of using that with my gliders. Using a scanner is probably my only option…at least that I could think of.

What do the lights on the scanner do?

I REALLY want this done and it would be my first tattoo EVER. I guess there's no hurt in trying? (with the right scanner, of course!)

The one she used for her dog just has a red bar going across the top of it. Do you think that would be okay? So, it's not like bright white lights or anything.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 04:45 AM

The lights on so many scanners are just SOOO bright, I would worry about it causing damage when the light is so bright that close to them. If there was a way to wrap the glider so that the light wouldn't get to their eyes...do a check first, also, and make sure the bed doesn't get hot. I don't think most do, but I would think some of the old scanners can put out a lot of heat with the light. dunno

I'm not a big fan of the ink idea either. I would say if you basically burrito wrap your glider (so their head is covered as well) with just one paw out, that might work best...if that makes any sense. They aren't going to like it. rofl

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 04:52 AM

I'll check their scanner when I go to pick them up at their house after the weekend. And yeah, I could just try wrapping them in the blanket and holding them while I press one hand on the scanner? So their whole body isn't on it and hold their face away from the scanner also. I don't think theirs would be bad if it just has a red light going across it. We will see though!
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 05:01 AM

Try holding the foot up and having someone take a picture of it.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 05:03 AM

Oh that's a good idea!

Considering they are after all, ARTISTS! hahahaha. I'm sure they can draw the exact same thing! shakehead

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 05:04 AM

This is the only place I can remember seeing a glider's footprint.
http://www.glidersandgear.com/SUGAR%20GLIDER%20TSHIRTS%20AND%20HOODIES.htm

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 05:06 AM

That's a good idea also. If THEIR actual footprint doesn't work, I can just get that and put their initials under it or something! smile

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 05:09 AM

You may want to send Celeste an e-mail to get permission to use it. Not sure if that is a free design, or her personal one. dunno

But it would be cute with their name/initials on or under it.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 05:10 AM

Okay, i will make sure to ask if that's what I decide! Thanks! smile

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 05:13 AM

:urwelcome:
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 09:15 AM

You could probably do it, but I will warn you now, that your glider's print would need to be much larger than it is in real life, for it to hold up over the years. If you do it tiny, it will be a blot in a year - if that.

Very cute idea!
Posted By: ssuver

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 02:57 PM

I would love to see what this looks like when your done!
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 02:59 PM

I think it's a great idea, but definitely listen to Ash on the size of the tattoo - she knows best, as her S.O., Sal, has done tattooing for several years (he did my recent glider tat).

I like the idea of taking a photograph thumb

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 03:34 PM

Yeah I decided I'm going to try taking pictures of each of their feet and see if they can draw it first. If not then I will try the scanner then if that doesn't work then I'll see if I can use the link above and just put their initials around it. I will be sure to post pictures once I get it smile thanks everyone!
Posted By: Lynsie

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 03:40 PM

You could let them walk in blueberry juice.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 03:49 PM

Hahha I bet theyd like that too!

:gidea:
Posted By: HollyGlider

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 03:50 PM

That's a cute idea. You could let them walk on something clear and get under it and take pics.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 03:53 PM

Thats a good idea too! Ohhh what would I ever do without this forum! Haha smile

So how big do you think each foot would have to be?
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 06:41 PM

I had wanted to do a tat of my puppy's paw when he was tiny and then one when he was full grown (so that the smaller was inside the larger). But unfortunately, I didn't get the puppy print upset
Posted By: IndieAndStella

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 06:57 PM

what about food coloring instead of ink? i LOVE this idea! let me know what works best, i might just have to copy you :0)
Posted By: HollyGlider

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 08:26 PM

Lol, maybe that could be the secret GC breeder code.
Posted By: IndieAndStella

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 08:39 PM

http://renesmee134.deviantart.com/art/Angel-s-Prints-96053764?qj=1&q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Atraditional+sugar+glider&qo=240

check this tattoo out! i love it - unfortunately, the vet had taken the paw prints after the glider passed, and thats the template they were able to use for the tat.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 09:37 PM

I will be sure to post pictures of my new tattoo smile

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 09:44 PM

That tattoo is cute! I'm only doing one hand from each glider and they're all certain hands I want smile

Meekos- I want the one hand that got burned from his oil incident
Kikis- I want her certain hand that has her birth defect (some missing fingernails)
Kalanis- I want the one that she always hold my finger with when giving her treats wink
Posted By: EJB17

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 09:48 PM

Very cute idea! Could you take a hand print by putting their hand in something edible? Grape juice or blended food perhaps? Might be messy but might work?

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/13/12 09:53 PM

I think I will either try grape juice or blueberry juice or something. Then if that's too messy I will have my brother take a very close up picture with his camera that he uses for photography.
Posted By: amelia

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/14/12 02:20 AM

If you had a sleepy, cooperative glider you could maybe smoosh their hand in something like peanut butter or bright colored baby food and try to stamp it on paper. I don't know how well that would work.

I did my dog's in lipstick but I don't think I would try it with a glider.
Posted By: MNrarepets

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/16/12 12:51 AM

i once tried putting my glider on top of a piece of glass and took a picture from underneath. it was too blurry though. but if your brother has a fancy camera, it might work.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/16/12 01:45 AM

I just got their hand prints today! I did it from a scanner. The grape juice and stuff didn't work. But the scanner did! I can't wait smile I'm going to go get it drawn this week smile

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/16/12 03:22 AM

glad it worked!

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/18/12 11:13 PM

Just put my deposit down on my tattoo!!! Yay!

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/19/12 02:32 AM

Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Posted By: Tinytat

Re: Glider Tattoo - 07/19/12 02:05 PM

That sounds cool! I got the Sphynx logo for my cat, but Im more whimsical so its nothing like a real cat, more like a creative interpretation of the over exaggerated ears and swirly tail.. Glider prints would be AWESOME! smile

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/17/12 02:05 AM

8 more days til I get my tattoo!!

Want opinions on the location….

Ribs, foot, or shoulder blade??

I don't care about which one hurts worse, just want opinions on what you all think would look best smile
Posted By: LalaPetush

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/17/12 02:34 AM

How big is it going to be?
Posted By: LalaPetush

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/17/12 02:35 AM

If there not going to be big, but actual size i would get them on the side of my foot rather than on the top and make it look like there walkong up towards your ankle bone.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/17/12 02:39 AM

REAAAALLLYY close to actual size wink that's a gOod idea!!

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/17/12 03:15 AM

Depends, do YOU want to be able to see it? Do you need it in a place easily covered?

The shoulder, you won't be able to see it.

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/17/12 04:49 AM

Yes, I want to be able to see it. LOL. That's why I'm hesitant on the shoulder. I WAS going to get it on my collar bone, because usually when it's bra time, I'm laying down, and they come and lay in the ditch of my collar bone smile but, I'm scared about jobs and stuff :/
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/17/12 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: kikimeeko13
Yes, I want to be able to see it. LOL. That's why I'm hesitant on the shoulder. I WAS going to get it on my collar bone, because usually when it's bra time, I'm laying down, and they come and lay in the ditch of my collar bone smile but, I'm scared about jobs and stuff :/

I think they sell makeup that would cover it up. If it's going to be that small, it probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle to do if you're wearing something that didn't cover it. And there's always band-aids....lol. As long as it's not too close to your neck :rofl2:

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/24/12 11:59 PM

Just got my tattoo done!!!!! smile
Posted By: fox0r

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/25/12 12:05 AM

Pics!

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/25/12 12:37 AM

After I take the plastic off I'll post a pic!! smile

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/25/12 03:56 AM

These aren't very good pictures…but all nice and clean. Except on one of them it looks like there's still dried blood ohwell

This is how they stepped on the scanner, I LOVEEE IT because each one kind of resembles their personalities. I'll share with you why I picked each one too. wink (going from top to bottom)

Kiki more laid back… (this is the hand that has missing nails, not sure if it's from birth or if they got snagged on something with their previous owners since they never clipped their nails…)

Meeko is pretty laid back but gets CRAZY at night LOL…… (this is the hand that got burned in the oil incident)

And Kalani…she's my "special" glider..(LOL AIMEE!)….she's crazy ALL the time……(this is the hand that she ALWAYS grabs my fingers with when I hand feed her treats heart smile )

I have to add Scooter once I'm able to get his footprint smile

This is the link to my photobucket in case anyone wants to see them closer smile

http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg640/tjblackwell13/
Posted By: ejohnson22

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/25/12 04:33 AM

TAYLOR, those are cute!

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/25/12 04:36 AM

Thank you Erica!! smile
Posted By: Lunalove

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/25/12 07:25 AM

Taylor those are great and so sweet the story was behind each of them!
Posted By: amelia

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/26/12 12:15 AM

i love that they all have different hand prints :]

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/26/12 02:35 AM

thanks
Posted By: pbear3s

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/27/12 11:05 AM

Love them!
Posted By: jtwilson3

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/28/12 04:26 AM

Hey I was wanting to do something like this. How did you get their feet scanned? I scanned mine but they just look like toes. Not the webbing or the shading yours does?

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/28/12 04:34 AM

Lol i honestly just held them on the scanner.. I tried dipping their feet in blueberry juice and it didn't work. They didn't want anything to do with treats because I woke them up to do this so they were sleepy…but they didn't like it. LOL. I just held them on the scanner. I felt bad about doing it. frown One of my gliders just sat there, but the others I had to push their hand down.
Posted By: Gemini67

Re: Glider Tattoo - 08/29/12 07:25 AM

What an incredible idea! I absolutely love the hand prints and each one's "story"!
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL