GliderCENTRAL

Care instructions for the vet...

Posted By: Dancing

Care instructions for the vet... - 11/09/12 04:01 PM

Chris and I were just talking and an idea came to me.

We rely on our vets for so much but really, many are not as involved as we are (as glider owners).

Many of us have "emergency contact" info so that someone can reach our vet if there is a "glider emergency" but what does our vets really know of day to day care of our gliders.

Since most vets keep paper files on their "clients" (not just all in the computer), I think it would be a good idea to print out some detailed instructions as far as just what and how to feed our gliders in the event of an emergency.

Say there is a car accident and your gliders are with you. You are unable to tell the emergency responders about your gliders... If you have an emergency card that lists your vet's name and number (call for feeding/care instructions), whoever takes care of your gliders can call the vet and get detailed instructions on what and how to feed them instead of just trying to "guess" or without switching the gliders onto a diet they are not familiar with. It doesn't have to be pages and pages long, just what to do for a week or so until other "emergency" contacts can be reached to come get your gliders.

(not a bad idea for all your pets really)
Posted By: mmatt

Re: Care instructions for the vet... - 11/10/12 01:17 AM

This is a good idea, I keep telling myself I need something like this. I have gotten a card to keep in the car before from a vendor when she sent my package...can't remember who it was...and I thought "what a great idea"

I have something like this for my dogs and gliders but it's nothing formal at all.
Posted By: xsweettartx

Re: Care instructions for the vet... - 11/10/12 02:52 PM

This is a really great idea and I'm definitely going to do it. heart
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL