GliderCENTRAL

Rehome/adoption forms?

Posted By: Philwojo

Rehome/adoption forms? - 04/17/15 03:25 PM

I am not sure where to post this, so putting it in the "I'm New" section for now, but MODs, please move if necessary.

We are looking to adopt and rehome 2 female gliders (potentially) from a non-breeder. That persons situation is changing and they can no longer keep their gliders. My questions is should I have some kind of bill of sale or adoption/rehome form be part of this process? This person I found on CL.

At this time we still don't even know if we will get any sugar gliders, but just trying to do my leg work now.

Thanks,
Phil
Posted By: Sanctity

Re: Rehome/adoption forms? - 04/17/15 04:30 PM

Ive never done it, but at the same time we always text/email with them so I suppose if anything happened we have the conversation logs. Never really thought about this before.

Re: Rehome/adoption forms? - 04/17/15 04:48 PM

I'm sure this person will be fine, and I won't have any issues, was more just wondering what people from this community are doing in this scenario.

Phil
Posted By: Terry

Re: Rehome/adoption forms? - 04/17/15 05:53 PM

I found my first pair on CL, I didn't have any written agreement and personally haven't heard of anyone using one. I know breeders and rescues have an application, but that's the extent I've heard of.

I also did use email for the majority of the conversation, so also had written documentation, although there was no need to refer to it.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Rehome/adoption forms? - 04/17/15 08:38 PM

If it makes you feel better get a handwritten bill of sale from the former owners.

I have a contract for my rescues, but then it states the terms of the adoption, can't be used for breeding, must come back to me if they can no longer have them........

A simple handwritten bill of sale will protect you if they decide in two weeks they want their gliders back.

Re: Rehome/adoption forms? - 04/17/15 08:42 PM

Thanks everyone. I have to say I wasn't overly concerned, but I can tend to over think and over research things so it had come to mind and I thought I would ask.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Phil
Posted By: mechnut450

Re: Rehome/adoption forms? - 04/17/15 10:56 PM

sadly most og the Cl rescue/adopts I gotten it been like here the gliders, and they gone never heard from again to see how we making out,. I do try to send pics for at least 2 months but if I don't get replies i just erase their contact info and move on with my life.. I did get a copy of Feather's adoption papers but I not had to use them yet ( may never need to but I got the files in case I do lol, I rather be safe than sorry. )
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL