GliderCENTRAL

contacted PETA about PPP

Posted By: Anonymous

contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 08:51 PM

well, i dont if you guys read my post about PPP being at the fair here in miami, well, someone PM me the link to PETA so i filled it out and today when i checked my email someone get back to me about them.....

They basically said they are familiar with PPP and that they get complaints every time there is a booth at the fair. They also said they were looking into it and wanted to know if I had any information on their supplier.

i was sooooo happy to know that they are looking into them and maybe if we all sent then something PETA can do something about it because they have more resources then anyone of us....

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 08:59 PM

That's awesome!! I hope they can help!
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:11 PM

Great.......... =X

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:14 PM

Please be careful with PETA, they believe no animal should be kept as a pet and could do more harm than good.

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:17 PM

PETA puts lots of animals to sleep.
Their belief is better dead then caged. cry

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:19 PM

no i never said anything about owning suggies just that ppp was at the fair in my area saleing sugar gliders that were too small and pulled from their moms too young and that the cage was tiny for them...and sent them a picture of the joey that looked more like 4 weeks than 8 wks old

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: macwood6
PETA puts lots of animals to sleep.
Their belief is better dead then caged. cry

really i never thought they would do something like that....
thats crazy...

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:26 PM

google not always a good thing...

sad...sad...sad

They can be useful in getting places shut down but the animals are always not lucky
Posted By: Kiiru

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:26 PM

There was actually a lawsuit against them at one point in time because they didn't have no-kill shelters. Their shelters killed more animals then they adopted out. =/ Google it.

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:33 PM

i think i read that a lot of their shelters are 90% kill rate... and thats just w/ dogs and cats not with exotics.
shakehead
Posted By: cinnamonstix

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 09:54 PM

Yeah...my mom was showing me the info on PETA....it just floored me to read some of it.

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 10:09 PM

I am glad you took some sort of initiative. But PETA was not the right choice. Their philosophy on animals is: Better dead then fead. They feel that no animals should be pets and therefore kill most of the animals they receive... cry
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 11:27 PM

There was a huge thing with Peta a couple of years ago here. People affiliated with them were going to shelters, adopting animals and then those animals were put to sleep! They got caught because they were trying to dispose of these animals at a dumpster behind some business (they had found dead animals in it on two other occasions). Only this time, they had video surveillance put in and they got nailed. It was awful, the number of dogs they adopted and killed was insane. And they said the same thing 'better dead then 'enslaved' by us.' Watch your back with PETA, don't let them know where you live!
Posted By: Feather

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 11:30 PM

I have to agree that PETA was not the best choice to get involved. The ASPCA would have been a better choice.

Hopefully the PPP problem will get resolved without PETA starting legislation about having Sugar Gliders as pets.
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/09/08 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pappy1264
Watch your back with PETA, don't let them know where you live!

I wouldn't trust PETA with a dead spider. I have yet to see any good come from them. They are like cults, suck people in only to turn on them!

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/10/08 04:08 AM

I've seen a commercial with Simon Cowell endorsing them. Not saying that's why I'm against them, just interesting lol.

I have a vid of Penn and Teller BS! where they call out PETA's faults and talk about them. Yall could PM me if you want a link, but I'm not sure if I can share it. I'll let you know now the show's hosts have a "in your face" attitude with cursing, etc. Google and you'll see what I mean. =b I find the ep very informative though.

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/11/08 02:14 AM

Hey all

I used to an active member/supporter of PETA about 8 years ago when I lived in the area of their headquarters. While I agree with some of their stuff (no animal testing of any kind and that sort of thing), I found that some of their philosophies are just horrible in my opinion. Needless to say, I don't support them anymore. frown

Hopefully PP can be shut down sometime soon without effecting responsible suggie owners too much!

~Ami
Posted By: thefotokat

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/11/08 01:27 PM

The best thing that can be done to stop the mills is to send in vet documentation of the health and age of the gliders they've sold. We have been getting people's stories of what happened to their gliders. What we need are the vet records. PLEASE....if you have purchased a glider from a mill breeder, please get a copy of your vet records and mail them to the Mill Breeder Project.

Mill Breeder Project
76 Bluestem Lane
Marion, Kansas 66861

Also, ask your vet if they've seen any other gliders from a mill breeder. If so, ask them to contact the owner's and get their permission to send their vet records in to the project as well. This is what is needed to fight the mill breeders effectively. Tell everyone you know to do the same and together we can make a difference w/this.

Re: contacted PETA about PPP - 04/11/08 01:50 PM

PETA can be extreme which makes a lot of people not take them seriously, coming from the animal world I have seen this many times. Someone from the area needs to contact the ASPCA or the spca in the state PPP is in and they are best equipped to legally seize animals,

beth
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL