GliderCENTRAL

Pocket Pets at Friendship IN......

Posted By: Anonymous

Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 02:27 PM

I was so upset yesterday. There is a small town in Indiana called Friendship that has a huge "yard sale" every year where the whole town is closed down for an entire week, people come from states away.
We've been going there for years, we didn't make it last year so we made a point of going yesterday which was the first day it opens.
Get there and walking down the first aisle and here's a guy with a suggie in his pocket which surprised me - that is until I got down towards the end of the aisle. There I find a tent set up for Pocket Pets. I was so upset I couldn't see straight!
Of course there was a large crowd with tons of little kids. It was really hot out, in the high 80's at least, there was no fan or ventilation of any kind. The two guys had several suggies between them - in their pockets, crawling on their backs trying to find a dark place to sleep, showing them to people.
I managed to say loudly that the cages they had weren't even close to being big enough and several people turned and looked before my hubby dragged me away.
Throughout the rest of the day, I stopped several people that had brochures and asked them questions or set them straight - for instance the couple with several kids who had NO idea that suggies are nocturnal and wouldn't up to play during the day. Or the people who had no idea that suggies needed a buddy, or the ones who thought the pellet diet that they offered was all they needed.
Pocket Pets has never been there before and I'm really upset, it just ruined my whole day because I walked around mad the rest of the day and had no idea how to get those people out of there!
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 02:33 PM

Well, at least (hopefully) you helped to keep some from making an uninformed purchase.

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 02:56 PM

Well, the funny thing is, we were with another couple and they couldn't figure out why I was getting so mad - until I talked to the couple with the kids and then they heard how these people ( who seemed interested in suggies) hadn't even been told that they are nocturnal - I think it was then that my friends realized just how far Pocket Pets will go to get a sale - how completely uninformed people are and why I was getting so mad...

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 03:10 PM

tant so not right...you did the best you could so thank you!

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 03:30 PM

well poop. Vicki, if I would have known, I would have brought over some of my info cards for you. Who knew that they'd be there! tant

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 04:23 PM

You know I thought of that Amanda, they were never there before so the thought never crossed my mind to take some but once I got there I was kicking myself - if it wasn't so far away I'd take some back now. I actually went to call you just to vent but it's down in a valley and had no service at all the whole day! tant
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 04:38 PM

Vicki you did the best you could, so good for you...maybe you even changed people's minds about a purchase like Mary said, and that's all that counts.
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 06:30 PM

I'm glad to hear that you left an impression on just a handful of people about the REALITIES of owning suggies! Even just a handful makes a difference...

I think it would be a GREAT idea if everyone were to carry even 5-6 cards or brochures with them EVERYWHERE THEY GO in case they run into a situation like this! I simply cannot believe where Pocket Pets is showing up nowadays...it seems like they're worse than Scottish thistles: just popping up everywhere! tant

Re: Pocket Pets at Friendship IN...... - 06/15/08 11:06 PM

I've been carrying cards in my purse and even sending a sheet out in all my orders JUST incase. I just hate being there, and then NOT being able to make the impression that I want.... I always stumble over my words when it matters. shakehead
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL