GliderCENTRAL

Timmy's Dressing Changes

Posted By: pappy1264

Timmy's Dressing Changes - 07/03/08 12:49 PM

Can you keep the good thoughts for him? I always get nervous, as he is put under to change it. I will get another pic to show the change since last Saturday. He looks great and has not messed with the bandage at all, thankfully! He will be upset with me the morning, as he cannot have his morning mealies, but he will get them when we get home! I will post when we get home, appt. is at 11:45. Thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change - 07/03/08 12:57 PM

Of course, I will be sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way! Give Timmy some lovin's for me! I cant wait to hear how it all goes! hug2

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change - 07/03/08 01:03 PM

hug2 Keeping good thoughts for Timmy today!!!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change - 07/03/08 05:56 PM

That little guy is a trooper smile

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 08:10 PM

Thank you. It is closed up even more! They clean it up, so it looks a little more 'wet' but it is doing really well. He didn't even crab when he woke up, either! I put him in his hospital cage and the little bogger went straight in his wheel and start going!! lol Course, he was walking and a little crooked at that! lol Vet says he is healing up really well. Oh and she said he must be getting used to it, it is harder to keep him 'under' at the very lowest dose....she said she just has to work faster now! lol And he actually bit Nikki his favorite (not) tech today! (Not hard. She said 'he was made I looked away from him for a moment'...lol) He came home, ate, had his meds and is happily sleeping right now! He is getting a little irritated under his right front leg, but I will start putting the animax on it tonight when he is awake. Most likely from rubbing. All in all, another good update! Again, a graphic pic.

Attached picture Timmy bandage change 2.jpg
Posted By: hipbchik

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 08:21 PM

What a trooper...or should I say What Troopers! You AND Timmy...Hang in there, we're all rooting for the both of you!! hug2

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 08:25 PM

Thank you! We really appreciate it!
Posted By: Usha77

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 09:09 PM

Looking good, Mary! You guys keep up the great work! hug2
Posted By: JayAndDiana

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 10:40 PM

He's looking so good Mary! hug2 to you both. What a good lil dude and a strong mommy smile

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 10:42 PM

Thanks guys! I'm so proud of him, after all this, he has every right to hate me (and people in general) but he is as loving as ever! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little guy!
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 10:46 PM

Awww....poor baby. I'm glad he's doing better.

So, what cute "t-shirt" did they give him this time? lol.
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/03/08 11:50 PM

Mary, Timmy's chest looks FANTASTIC!!!! dance

How it's filling in is nothing less than a MIRACLE in itself! And infection hasn't set in is just a HUMONGOUS BLESSING!

You two just keep doing what you've been doing! Before too much longer, he'll start growing hair on that chest again! And won't that just be a HAPPY DAY!!! jump

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 12:25 AM

Fur on his chest......what a beautiful thing! lol Thank you! His bald spot on his head is filling in now, too. I cannot imagine him without it! lol But glad he was neutered, turned out to be the least of our worries! The vet said she is very happy, as it could have gone the other way. He is doing his part, by not messing with the bandage and for that I am so very thankful! If we can get that fur grown in, we SHOULD be good to go!!! Thank you all for helping me through this. It is so scary and it helps so much to have people who understand.

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 12:26 AM

Ok, and this is a little 'off' (but hey, its been a long, tiring road...lol), but does anyone else think he looks like a little astronaught? lol
Posted By: theresaw

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 12:32 AM

Way to go Mary and Timmy mlove Theresa

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 12:52 AM

Thank you!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 01:35 AM

omg he does look like a cute fuzzy astronaught sending as many hug2 as i can

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 01:35 AM

Mary, Im soooo stoked that he is doing so well!! Many hugs going out to you and sweet little Timmy! mlove

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 01:44 AM

Awww....yeah...what a cute little furry astronaut! mlove I really think that wheel, as well as his loving mommy, is helping him keep his mind off the bandage and the healing taking place that may bug him. hug2 You guys are doing great!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 02:39 AM

Glad to hear he is doing so well.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 03:22 AM

It looks AMAZING from the last bandage change! Wow! I can't believe it's filling in and scabbing over! FANTASTIC!!!! Yeah, Timmy and mom, Mary!!! Way to go!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 12:49 PM

Thanks guys! He has been running in his wheel all morning! I love to hear that wheel going because it does keep him occupied and I think it is helping the blood flow in that area and therefore making the healing happen even faster (sounds good, anyway! lol) I will get some pics of him today with his new bandage on. They made it even smaller because he is doing so good!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 01:08 PM

Thats awesome, Mary! hug2

I cant wait to see the little guy all dressed up in his new bandage! Im so happy things are going well! Im sure hearing that wheel helps you rest even more! Im sure when it stops you are up in a flash, too! agree

We are all so thankful you are so good with keeping us updated! We really wanna keep track how BOTH of you are doing and Im sure it helps to be able to to have such a huge support system!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 01:15 PM

Thanks, Micah! How are your two new babies doing? Have your feet hit the ground yet? lol It has been hard knowing he doesn't understand, but he has been such a good boy. I just gave him his morning (chopped up) mealies, and as always he nuzzled my hand when I put the dish in his pouch (I do that in the morning so he doesn't have to 'get out of bed' lol) We were very close before this happened but this whole experience has brought our relationship to a higher level. I am glad he is adjusting to everything and hopefully soon he will be out of the 'shirt' and back with Gidget (she is so depressed without him, that is almost more heartbreaking for me. She is so lost without him. She has never been a cuddler, but is now. That tells me how lonely she is.) I think I will let them have another play date tonight in the tent. But it only lasts a very short time, as she gets so overexcited, she ends up hurting him rubbing herself on his head!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 01:28 PM

Awwww... That totally just made me cry... Poor Gidget! Im sure this has brought you two a lot closer, too, though! That poor sweet baby girl! frown Give her lots of love from me.

My girls are doing wonderful! They are both so sweet and loving and are settling in better than I ever imagined! Everyone was right! Melinda has some SWEET babies! agree Dutchess, the most vocal one didnt make a peep this morning when I took out the pouch to love on them! Dita, of course, just crawled right up to say hello and Dutchess started to groom me! LOL They couldnt be any more perfect if they tried! Its amazing how much I love these girls!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 02:21 PM

Awwww, thats great! Yes, they certainly grab hold of our hearts tight, don't they!!

Yes, Gidget and I have bonded more over all this with Timmy. It breaks my heart because when I let her visit, in three seconds, his head is soaked from her licking it and rubbing on it! And she gets carried away and he screeches, so I have to pull her off of him (and she holds on with all she has!) It breaks my heart, but I have to do it. Hopefully as he heals more, they can get more time and she will calm down, but she has always been this way with him, she is very dominant, but loves him with all her heart. I will get some pics of her today too. She is a little (figuratively speaking) sweetie! lol

Thanks!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 02:50 PM

good he is using his wheel for his astronaught training. he is such a strong little suggie with a lot of will power and nothing will bring him down not even this

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 03:17 PM

I just laughed out loud! I couldn't believe how just waking from the anesthesia, he immediately wanted to run on it (albeit, he was running sideways and bouncing off the walls, but he did it! lol) He loves his wheel and I am so happy he can run in it, as I know it has made his recovery (this one) easier on him. He is getting 'itchy' now as he heals, too, so he seems to run even harder when he is itchy! lol He is a determined little guy and I know he is doing his best to get through this. Just hope and pray when the bandages are finally off he LEAVES HIS CHEST ALONE!!!!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 10:07 PM

at least he keeping his mind off the itching and not going after it

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 10:30 PM

Yes, he is!

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/04/08 11:54 PM

That poor sweet baby girl! She just wants to love her Timmy for as long as she can! I know this is hard on her, too! frown

At least she gets to see him for a bit! I would love to see pics of Gidget! laugh

Re: Today is Timmy's second bandage change(pic) - 07/05/08 12:18 AM

I'll get some pics of her tonight. She is a sweet girl. I know her heart is broken right now and her actions show it. But hopefully they will be reunited soon! Thanks!!

pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 08:39 PM

It is healing and although pink, that pink is healthy skin!!!! He will be in this for at least 2-3 more weeks, maybe longer. Going to have to do some doctoring with the ecollar, as he is now determined to get that bandage off and nothing will stop him! What do you think????

Attached picture Timmy bandage change 3.jpg
Posted By: JayAndDiana

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 08:46 PM

What a trooper Mary! He is healing quite well! And fast. Doc said only a few more weeks? WOW!!
Posted By: scraptilldawn

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 08:49 PM

Did the Dr. conquer it was the itching driving him nuts??? Is there anything you were able to do to help with it? Maybe now because he is starting to feel better he just wants to be done with it, lol. Silly little boy.

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 09:39 PM

The meds should help with that. She really thinks it may be itchy, but more than anything, he is just getting aggrivated wearing it. I would be, too! But gotta do what ya gotta do. He is still sound asleep (I left his cage in the car, so I wouldn't wake him moving him. Just keep checking on him...lol) I know he will be hungry when he wakes and he won't like it, but more meds, too! Thought we were through, but she wants to keep him on them to be safe. I agree. I know we will both be happy when he is healed and hopefully he will forgive me!!! Thanks guys!

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 09:43 PM

Looking good! laugh

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 09:55 PM

Glad to hear that things are still going in the right direction.

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 10:28 PM

Thanks!!

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 10:51 PM

Looks great. I can only imagine how annoying that e-collar is though.

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/10/08 11:05 PM

Yeah, he is not happy! And they did the bandage a little too much over his 'shoulders' and he is really struggling with it. I may see if I can bring him back tomorrow to have them snip a little off around his front legs. He is really having a hard time moving those legs and he is awake now and going nuts just trying to walk. Going to be a long night! I took his wheel out (have to for now) and I know he is upset over that. It is healing but goodness wish it was done already!!!! Thanks.
Posted By: Cora

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 12:01 AM

Oh Yea..........that wound is full of epitheliazation cells...............................healing cells!!!

Now Timmy you be a good boy and leave that bandage alone!!!!

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 12:29 AM

Thank you! I sure wish he would!!!!
Posted By: ozzi

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 12:31 AM

Hi Mary,
In looking at the latest picture and the severity of the wound, although it sure is looking good, and the location, I wonder if all that running in the wheel actually causes any movement between him and the bandage and feels good if it has been itchy? My other concern would be the flip side of that and causing any undue irritation???
I share your frustration. Today I had Boo and BJ sleeping together and they were out for the count but I had to go out for a while and I just argued with myself "separate them while I am gone, leave them together, separate, leave them???"
I took no chances and separated them. They can play together later.
Hang in there Mary!!!! I wish I could help more. I know how it feels to just need a break.
Give Timmy a kiss and a mealie for me and "The Boys"
Pat

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 12:40 AM

Thank you Pat. Yes, you can't really understand until you walked down this path. My heart goes out to anyone who faces it, it is not for the faint of heart! I am about to scan a pic taken two weeks ago of how they had to bandage him to keep him from his chest....it is pitiful!

You are in my prayers with your two......its hard enough with only one!!

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 01:01 AM

Mary, Glad it's healing and I hope they can fix the bandage so it's a little more comfortable. Hugs for Timmy. Theresa

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 02:08 AM

Thank you. I am a little worried about him tonight. He is so depressed, doesn't even want his chopped up mealies! I did get him to drink some water, but his ears are down, he is so unhappy in that collar, but I KNOW I have no choice, he will go after it. I hope he gets some rest tonight (maybe that should read 'we'.)

is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:12 AM

This was taken two weeks ago, when Timmy attacked his chest and chewed a hole through it. This was his first bandage. They had to immobilize his neck, as he was just ripping at himself, anywhere he could reach. It was awful! This has to be the most pitiful pic I have ever seen! Today it is 4 weeks since the original surgery and we still have a long road ahead. We are both tired and I am very worried about how we will get through this now with him having to have both on. Why does he have to be such a little bugger and go after himself after two weeks! Anyway, wanted to share this pic.

Sorry the quality isn't great, it is scanned from a pic on regular paper (they are going to email me the original). But isn't that the most pitiful glider you have ever seen!!

Attached picture Timmys 1st bandage.jpg

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:16 AM

I'm sorry, but it's also incredibly funny smile Pitiful, yes, but look at that face! roflmao

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:18 AM

I know. She said he looks like he should have a little jet pack and 'fly'.....he looks like a cartoon character.

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:19 AM

Awwwww, poor baby! You just can't help but feel sorry for him! I can't believe it's been four weeks already! How is he doing now? When was his latest bandage change and do you have any pics of it? Does the vet think he'll ever grow fur on that area?

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:20 AM

Today, and he is going after it. It is in health (the pic and update). He is really depressed tonight, can't get him to eat, even his mealies. This is so hard.

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:42 AM

Aww mary hug2 That has got to be the most pitiful little face!!! Keep your head up you and Timmy will get through this hug2

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:42 AM

sorry that made me laugh hysterically

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:46 AM

Awwwwwwwwwwww. Poor Timmy! hug2
Posted By: SugareeErin

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 02:54 AM

Awww poor Timmy. You are sooo strong for having to handle all of this! I hope thinks start turning around for you soon! hug2 By the way that is the cutest pic in the photo contest!

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 03:17 AM

The poor little guy frown I hope he snaps out of his mood tonight...you're worried enough as it is!! He seems to be such a strong little suggie...I guess he's due to be in a poo poo mood.
Posted By: Jennifer_Maaske

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 03:20 AM

cry

Poor guy
Posted By: Suggiegramma

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 03:30 AM

Awwww, what a little sweetie....do we know why he did it?

Re: is this pitiful looking or what! - 07/11/08 03:45 AM

Awwwwww what a cute little man. I hope everything is going smoothly. I'm so out of the loop. frown

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 04:00 AM

Hi Mary,
I am sorry to hear that little Timmy seems so depressed upset
He has certainly been through so much and there is no explaining to him what is going on and that this is all for the best for him. I hope you all get some rest tonight. I will be watching for updates in the morning.
Pat
Posted By: LSardou

Timmy's Dressing Changes - 07/11/08 04:38 AM

Bump - Merged with second dressing change Thread.
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 07:32 AM

At least he's healing up well, take comfort in that. I'm pulling for you both - lots of hugs!

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 12:42 PM

Thanks guys. Made it through the night, collar intact. He seems a little better this morning, but calling the vet to see if I can bring him down and have them fix the 'leg holes', they are too tight and he can't get his full range of motion walking. I can't do it (they taped his fur!) I am pretty sure the tech did it, the vet doesn't dress it like this is done. I know in a week his legs will have major sores if they leave it this way. Poor boy, he is being a trooper (more than I think I would be if it were me!) I know he misses that wheel. I tried doing something with his ecollar, but I couldn't get it right and he struggled more, so for now, no wheel.

I appreciate the support. Yes, that pic is funny and sad at the same time. (It didn't scan, but on the bottom of the pic, it says 'and you think your having a bad day....' That says is all!)

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 01:34 PM

Good Morning Mary!
I am glad "everyone" made it through the night ok.
That picture is indeed pitiful. That poor little boy.

Pat

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 01:37 PM

Thanks Pat. Heading down there now, so they can fix the bandage around his legs. He can't even walk, he keeps falling over and rolling.

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 03:19 PM

Awww...poor Timmy!!
Posted By: hipbchik

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 03:19 PM

Oh Mary...my heart is breaking for you!! Poor little Timmy...Hang in there, I'll light some candles... hug2

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 06:22 PM

Just got home, and boy was he angry! (He was awake for this one....) They could only cut slits into the bandage/tape because it is tight around his 'arms', but at least he can move his legs better. Boy was he crabbing, though!! (Can gliders get a sore throat, because if so, I bet he has one!!!) He is sleeping now, so that is good. I think he should do better now. My vet wasn't there (the techs did it) but I am upset, they charged me! I will take that up next week with her. I don't think I should be made to pay for that, since they didn't put it on right in the first place! Anyway, thanks for keeping the prayers up. If he still hates me after all this, I wouldn't blame him!

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 06:47 PM

Mary, he won't hate you! He may not like you very much at the moment, but he loves and adores you. When this is all over, he will quickly forgive and forget. He knows that he is loved and that you are doing what you have to to keep him alive. I just pray that he leaves everything alone and heals quickly so this can all be behind you very soon! (((hugs)))

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 07:18 PM

Thanks Stacie. I just went to give him his meds (he hates them) and sweetie that he is, after I gave them to him, he walked around for a minute then came back over and rubbed his head on my hand! I tell you, I would never imagined I could love anything as deeply as I do this little guy! I am in awe of his will to survive and utter determination (even if part of that gets him into trouble...lol) Mealworm shortage or not, when this is over and he is healed, I'm making them a big mealworm 'cake' and having a big party!!!!! With streamers and all!!! lol

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 08:08 PM

Mary, why did he go after his chest?

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 08:15 PM

He had a tumor removed 4 weeks ago. He had an ecollar on until the day before he was to have his sutures removed. He got it off sometime during the night. But he had not gone after himself, so I watched him all day. He did great, grooming himself all over, but not paying extra attention to that spot. He took a nap (had him in the bonding bag the whole time) then all of a sudden I felt him moving like crazy, opened the bag and he had chewed a huge hole in his chest, through both layers of sutures. There was no skin left to try to resuture, so they had to put pressure bandages on, which up until Wednesday, he was doing good not messing with (they change them every few days, they have to put him under to do it). He started going after the bandage Wednesday, so the collar went back on. Was hoping with a new bandage, he would leave it alone, but no such luck. Both times he went after the area, it was exactly two weeks, so I think it may be getting itchy. So now it is an open wound that has to just heal, while I try to keep the little beastie from getting to it. He will be wearing a 'shirt' until he is healed and furry again, as I am pretty sure he will even go after a scar if he can see it! My vet has never had this happen.

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 10:55 PM

Awww...poor guy! Sounds like you both have been through so much! I hope he stays away from his wound so it can heal. And I'm sure your vet will reverse the charges that the techs charged! That's crazy! I'm sure they're making enough money off of you anyway. I know I've probably paid for my vets new building by now.

Re: pic Timmy's 3rd bandage change (graphic) - 07/11/08 11:09 PM

Well, every time we go in for a bandage change, it is 130.00, plus meds, and he had the tumor removed, and sent out for biopsy and was also neutered on that day, too. Plus it is 100 miles every time we go, so add the gas in.....yeah, a little expensive! Oh, and when he had his surgery, he 'crashed' on the table, but thank God, they were able to pull him back. He was put under three times the day of the surgery, as he got to his chest three times that day. Goodness, just reliving it makes my head spin!!!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off!!!!!! - 07/12/08 04:07 PM

Ok, Timmy is officially trying to make me lose my mind. Went in to give him his meds....he still had the collar on...BUT GOT THE BANDAGE OFF! It was down around his waist! He managed to pull his legs through the leg holes then pushed them out by his neck!!!! I had to cut it off him (he was crabbing, as part was taped to him!) So I made him a 'shirt' out of fleece, as his vet is on vacation! He is still in the ecollar and he seems a little more comfy with the fleece instead of the bandage. When I took it off, he attacked it like crazy (the bandage). He will be living around my neck from now forward! At least until Monday when we will go back down......

This boy is going to give me a major run for my money it would seem! Why is he so smart!!!! lol Anyway, took pics, have to download, of him in his new 'tye die shirt'...lol

Re: Timmy got his bandage off!!!!!! - 07/12/08 04:22 PM

Oh my goodness!!! What a stinker! I hope and pray he's ok till the vet visit!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off!!!!!! - 07/12/08 04:24 PM

Oh Mary! Im so sorry you are still dealing with all of this! That little man is bound and determined! LOL He is doing good, though. At least he didnt get the collar off! Whew! Im still thinking about you and your little guy EVERY day! hug2
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Timmy got his bandage off!!!!!! - 07/12/08 04:29 PM

Oh Mary!

Your babies are tag-teaming you, aren't they!?

Hopefully they will all CHILL!!! And let Mommy have some peace of mind, and maybe even piece of mind!

Hang in there!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off!!!!!! - 07/12/08 04:34 PM

Cheryl and I were talking about a fashionable little shirt for him yesterday, I'm glad it was an option that you thought of in time! hug2 Mary, you poor girl... those gliders MUST have a competition going to make you crazy... they're starting to make ME crazy with worry and I'm not even THERE!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 04:37 PM

I just took the collar off and gave him his wheel to see how he would do. Did good for a few minutes, than proceeded to try to get to his chest! So back on the collar went, and out the wheel came! Poor boy, but tell you something I can put on an ecollar one handed and blindfolded now I think!!! lol Thanks guys. He is just making me more determined then ever to get him better! He is strong and that is good.....even if it may be the death of me! lol

Attached picture Timmy tshirt 1.jpg
Attached picture Timmy tshirt 2.jpg
Attached picture Timmy tshirt 3.jpg

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 05:38 PM

I just added some quick pics of the tshirt I made. They are not great, but you can see it. I will get better ones later. What do you think of my little hippie glider.....lol

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 05:44 PM

That t-shirt brought a smile to my face...............nice!!
Funny how fast we can get a collar on with all the practice we are getting!!! I cant do Spencers blindfolded cause of the staple............would hate to staple his ear........LOL But I can get it on pretty quickly going down the road............;)

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 05:46 PM

Luckily, Timmy has an avian collar, with snaps, so that makes it easy!!! lol Thanks, have you ever tried to 'dress' a glider? It is not easy!!!! lol But we got it on and right now, he is sleeping finally! He has to be exhausted!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 05:51 PM

Yea, sweetie I am familiar with the collar you are using................we have used it. Karen sent Spencer a couple after he mutilated the first time back in January!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 05:53 PM

I'm so thankful to have them.....so much easier, and with the three different snaps, you can really get different sizes as needed!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 06:44 PM

Yeah, he is finally sound asleep!! I have him in his hospital cage, as he would not settle in the bonding bag.....just watching him. Yikes, this boy is keeping me on my toes!!!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 11:16 PM

Made it through the day, he is still sleeping, thankfully! I am worried how the night will go, but as long as that collar is on, we should be ok.....
Posted By: Feather

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 11:24 PM

Oh Mary,

I am sorry he is being such a difficult little buggar. They can sure make us lose our minds sometimes.

He has spunk and you both will get through this. I love his little fleece vest.

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/12/08 11:53 PM

Thank you. I think he is testing me, to see if I really meant it when I told him "I'd do anything for you I love you so much"...lol My nerves ar raw and I don't think I can handle much more with this. He better behave and not mess with the collar. I tried letting him have it off for a few minutes of supervised time...was ok for a few minutes but then started trying to rip at his chest! He is a little stinker! lol Well, he is a fighter, so at least I know he isn't giving up!! And neither will I. (But keep the prayers coming anyway! lol)
Posted By: JMM331

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 12:56 AM

He is definitely a determined little bugger isn't he...I know that you will get the both of you through this...no matter how long it takes!!!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 12:59 AM

That he is, Jess! He is still sleeping, so letting him sleep (normally I would be waking him to give him meds right now). Going to be a LONG night! But maybe this is a good thing. Maybe he will chill out a little since it isn't so restrictive (hoping, anyway!) I know he is so tired of all of it, I am too, but we have to see this through and get him better completely. I will see what she wants to do on Monday.......Thanks!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 01:06 AM

Geez Mary I can't believe what you're going through! Hopefully if he feels more comfortable he might behave a little better??? Lots of luck. Theresa

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 02:20 AM

I tried giving him a collar reprieve....lasted 22 seconds before he went after his chest! Now he is frantically licking the ecollar so I am assuming he is MAJOR ITCHY! I will be up all night watching like a hawk (or at least trying to stay up....) I just hope we can get through this......it seems one step forward, two steps back constantly! Thanks!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 02:53 AM

Well, you can definitely still count on my prayers and good thoughts! For Timmy and for you! And Roo, too! hug2 hug2

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 02:03 PM

hug2 hug2 Sending love, hug's and prayer's to all under your roof. hug2 mlove hug2 mlove

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 02:52 PM

Ok, I was up pretty much all night, he kept his collar on. I finally nodded off sometime after 6 am this morning....I woke at 9 am and almost had a heart attack, as I saw his collar on the floor of his cage!!! I sprang up and found him under his pouch sleeping.....thankfully he had not messed with anything! I put the collar on, but I put it on the last 'snap'. When he first had the surgery, doing that made his nose turn blue, as he had a fat ring around his neck. Well, he has lost it, so I tried doing it.....fits perfect now! So he won't get it off now and he actually seems more comfortable, as before it was tipping forward. Now it stays the way it is supposed to. He is sleeping right now and I think if the vet says its ok, we may be able to forgo the bandages and just keep this on him.....keep those prayers coming and thank you!!!!!
Posted By: MelindaKay

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 03:21 PM

gosh...you two have been through a lot but you are both doing great!! I'm glad he just wanted to rest and not mess with it what a heart attack!! Maybe if you can leave it off it will start healing a little quicker too. Have you tried the collasate spray? I believe in that stuff..it helped with a mating wound here heal up really quickly smile (and also surgery my doggie had)

I look forward to your updates!! Prayers and hugs still coming your way!!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 03:29 PM

Because it was open to the inside, they didn't want to use anything like that at first, but it may be an option now. I know they are putting something on it when they change the bandage (forget what she said it was). Yes, just when I think I can relax a little....guess he likes to keep me on my toes! Funny thing, he has always been my 'easiest keeper' but he sure is making up for that!!! lol Pretty sure he won't be able to get the collar off now (it was pretty loose before because he lost the weight). Thank you. I am so grateful to have this place to come to, as many don't understand. Having support is so important. I come here and get stregnth when I think I can't take anymore.....

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 03:30 PM

Thanks for the update Mary, I have been thinking about y'all this morning!! smile

Hang in there girl!!!

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 03:41 PM

Thanks Cora. I almost passed out when I woke and saw that collar just lying there!!!! I'm so thankful he did not go after himself!!!! But now the collar is tighter and I am pretty sure it will not come off (or at least not very easily, anyway!)

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 07:28 PM

What a doll in his lil shirt - I bet it's way more comfy than his bandages. I sure hope they don't want to put them back on...

Kisses to Timmy, hugs to you..

Re: Timmy got his bandage off/pic of his tshirt - 07/13/08 07:29 PM

Thank you! I don't think she will, but we will see!

Edited to Add:
For the latest on Timmy, please see pics of Timmy from Today... (Suz)
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL