GliderCENTRAL

Airlines & Gliders yet again..PLZ Help

Posted By: Anonymous

Airlines & Gliders yet again..PLZ Help - 07/14/08 12:11 AM

[font:Comic Sans MS]Hello, I am again traveling and need to bring my glider. I have to get from Ausin to Boise mid August. Because of the distance and price of gas, I almost definitely need to fly...so here we go again with the problem of gliders in the cabin.

I just looked up Continental and they allow rabbits in the cabin. For those of you who have flown with an animal in a cage, do they check the cage to see what the animal is and looks like? I wonder if she would pass as a young bunny if not closely inspected.

Please know that I KNOW I should transport her totally on the up and up and that is certainly my first choice, but I am faced with an almost desperate situation

Can those of you who have shipped gliders tell me what it would be like for my glider if I had to bring her as cargo? I must be in Idaho for a month, and NO,my family will not glider sit for me for a month..they grumble over 2 days.

Since I am strongly claustrophobic, I might still try getting a dr's note that she is my emotional support pet, but in May, Jet Blue approved my flight with her but LITERALLY as I was walking out the door to catch the flight, they called and recinded their decision...I was furious.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Posted By: Owndbymyfurballs

Re: Airlines & Gliders yet again..PLZ Help - 07/14/08 12:18 AM

I've never flown, let alone with a suggie, but perhaps you could find someone in your area to watch them for a month? I know there are several members in TX, and I'm sure one could be found that would watch your baby for you. If you can't find a legit way to transport her, then this might be a good backup option for you.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Airlines & Gliders yet again..PLZ Help - 07/14/08 03:39 PM

bump please
Posted By: cbddallas

Re: Airlines & Gliders yet again..PLZ Help - 07/14/08 04:40 PM

Jan, I PM'd you
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL