GliderCENTRAL

PPP can ship??

Posted By: kitsune

PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 09:54 PM

I just sent an email to PPP to see if they had any events locally so I could go and collect info on them for the mill breeder project...no events locally, I'm guessing Oregon has a law against animal expos or something...but they were THRILLED to inform me that they just started offering shipping!! OMG!! If anyone would like the content of the email I just recieved, pm me...I don't think I'm allowed to post it...but my friends, we are losing ground...we gotta do SOMETHING!! Their reach just extended across the entire US!
Posted By: ORsuggiemomma

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 09:56 PM

OMG this is HORRIBLE! oh no. but how can it be stopped is the ultimate question, is there patitions that we need to sign? I will sign it. these people are sick.

I bet the ship the gliders in an empty box too. the sickos.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 10:42 PM

Let me know, too. I'll sign it.

This makes me think. If you go to yahoo or google and search for, say, "Sugar gliders for sale" do they come up close to the top? We should figure out how to bump our vendors and breeders above them in the search results when people do searches for things like this. That might help as I think a lot of people just dont' realize there are so many options when it comes to breeders.
Posted By: DeeDancer

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 10:49 PM

I just googled "Sugar gliders for sale" and PPP was not on the first, second, third, or fourth page. I gave up after that. dunno

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 10:50 PM

The woman that responded to my email kept calling them "sugar bears." Not sure why. Very strange, though!! She didn't mention the word "glider" once!

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: kitsune
The woman that responded to my email kept calling them "sugar bears." Not sure why. Very strange, though!! She didn't mention the word "glider" once!
that's weird...I wonder if any of their "clientelle" even know what they actually are.....

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 11:26 PM

I don't know if I'm allowed to copy&paste from their website, so I will paraphrase (just in case). PPP claims that sugar gliders are actually called sugar bears in some countries because of the way that they stand on their back legs with their hands up and crab when they are frightened and cornered. They say that this is bear-like behavior and that is why they are called sugar bears in some places. Whether or not this is true, I have no idea. I haven't been able to find mention of it anywhere except their site.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 11:52 PM

I've never heard of them called sugar bears before....they don't remind me of bears at all...I'd like to ship PPP somewhere...far far away....

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 11:54 PM

hahah. I am going to google sugar bears, and see if they have a picture of a sugar bear. lol.

I googled sugar bear, NOT ONE pic of a sugar GLIDER was up as reference to a sugar BEAR. lol.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/05/08 11:58 PM

HA! This is a "sugar bear" from google images...

http://www.core77.com/blog/images/sugar_bear.jpg

He sells cereal. Haha

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 12:10 AM

I know, funny huh? I used to LOVE that cereal.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 12:12 AM

Does anyone recognize the photos of colored gliders on their anatomy pages? It makes me wonder if they're stealing pics or if they actually have color variations. It's a scary thought.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 12:19 AM

i'm going to go check that out. I thought they only had grays.

I just looked, and those can NOT be their gliders, they all look too healthy to belong to PPP.....IMHO.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 12:40 AM

messed up... big time. Sooooo... since we're not allowed to talk about illegal stuff on here... let's use code. How are we going to go about solving this? All those in favor of using a more permanent and definite method, raise hands! I might even consider getting PETA involved, even though I don't so much agree with them on most things...

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 12:48 AM

I'm raisin my hands Brittany!!!!! both of them actually!!! wave wave wave wave

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 12:59 AM

If someone can pay for my flight, you know I'm there! Ski mask and all! LOL
Posted By: josefine

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 12:59 AM

as long as we would win the war against these creeps, i don't care who we would use. these little babies are the ones who suffer, & we need to get it across to peta, & everyone else that they are suffering.i just wish they could open there eyes & see what ppp is doing. but, evidently, someones pockets are getting stuffed pretty well w/money for this to continue on as they are doing.
who actually is/are the owners to ppp? i never did know myself, since i am still pretty much a newbie to most all of this. the state fair here in iowa, they did nothing to stop them, or deny them, as they were one of the highest paying part of the fair that iowa benefitted off of. so, evidently there are some iowans who are glad these guys are actually in business!!!!!!!!
greed is a very evil thing, & there really are more out there that are filled w/greed. & so the critters suffer!!!
josefine

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 01:03 AM

They've been shipping for quite a while. they ship via overnight airliners. you have to go to the airport to pick it up.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 02:04 AM

She made it sound like a very recent development in the email...

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 02:13 AM

ok, lets get PETA involved, im all for it as long as we can save those poor babies. heart
Posted By: Adri

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 02:16 AM

I contacted them recently too trying to find out when they would be in my area, she took my email to send me there news letter which I never got. She never mentioned that they ship, I was pretending to want to buy from them. Weird!

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 02:17 AM

Might be because you're in Florida. Us western states are always all left out when it comes to glider stuff. I'd be ALL OVER IT if I found out they were going to be in my state. Pictures, interviews, photocopies, you name it, I'd have it!

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Pir8
They've been shipping for quite a while. they ship via overnight airliners. you have to go to the airport to pick it up.

I bought my first glider from them in July of this year, and at that time they were very adamant that they absolutely would not ship.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 02:41 AM

PETA is a bad idea people...that can backfire. That group is way too radical for my tastes...I am all for animal rights...but PETA thinks it's better for animals to be put to sleep rather than being kept as pets...any animals. Don't put our beloved pet gliders at risk over this. Hard work and educating people about gliders and their proper care is our best weapon. It won't happen overnight, but it can happen with the proper methods. PETA is NOT it.

Not a group I'd be willing to contact.

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 03:00 AM

I agree Stephanie! PETA should be kept out of this equation. I have been working really hard to get info to help shut these people down, there are alot of us trying. Problem is we need proof of the wrong doing, vet bills, diagnosis this stuff takes time to collect, and not everyone provides us with it either. During that time countless babies will continue to die and many many hearts will be broken. It's not fair, but the proof is in the pudding!

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 03:09 AM

I'll be perfectly honest... I'd rather see these babies dead than suffering. And if PETA can get them out of that situation... I'm willing to take the risk.

Hehehehe... okay... where is headquarters and when can we get together to work on the diabolical plan? Turkey, anyone?

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 03:25 AM

Brittany, I agree, the only reason I say keep them out is they are too radical! Now with that said, I'd love sum!!!!
Posted By: rdobbie23

Re: PPP can ship?? - 11/06/08 11:04 AM

Yes I did the same thing and they offered to ship babies to me since there weren't any local events! That is just bad, very bad. Poor things I feel so bad for them, and I just want to cry. Not to mention they charge an arm and a leg for a suggie! $348 or something like that. What that is crazy and it includes a cracker box of a cage and then they ship up to 3 suggies for $175. ahhh I wrote them an NASTY email back. I just couldn't hold the feelings in!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL