GliderCENTRAL

mississippi rebel glider ranch..?

Posted By: Anonymous

mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/02/09 10:43 PM

does anyone know anything about these people?
is it a mill? it seems like one..
the cages they sell are really small, and it says on their site that they're trying to hire a broker to sell in louisiana.

sooo... anyone heard of them before?
Posted By: sugeebaby

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/02/09 11:43 PM

you need to talk to Mysticangel she has had many run ins with bobby myers
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/02/09 11:49 PM

My first 2 gliders came to me from a man who said he bought them there. I've tried contacting them many times to get Molly and Dallas' history but even though I have to orginal owners name and permission to ask they have NEVER attempted to contact me in return. dunno

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/02/09 11:53 PM

Yes I have had many run ins with them. These people are nothing but trouble. The gliders he has I honestly have no idea where they come from anymore. At one time he was breeding said he had over 800 breeding pairs, then I heard he was buying wholesale out of Tx. This man has several people selling for him, one in lower Ms. and I think he now has one in Ar. The joeys he sells are underage and stink and are orange. Here is a link to another post on here about them.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...el_G#Post693197

Edit to add: Elena you will never get a history on any gliders they have sold. He doesn't keep up with that information. If I were you if you have a male and female pair I would get the male neutered. They are most likely either inbred already or related in some way.

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/03/09 12:53 AM

From reading the site it doesn't seem like he keeps lineages. On one of the pages it says something about putting collars on them to differentiate which ones have a sibling of the opposite sex.
I was like.. wth..
Posted By: jacknsally

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/03/09 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: mysticangel38671

Edit to add: Elena you will never get a history on any gliders they have sold. He doesn't keep up with that information. If I were you if you have a male and female pair I would get the male neutered. They are most likely either inbred already or related in some way.

Please do. A friend got a male & female from them at different times, was told they are not related- their first joey came oop with a leg/foot birth defect. Dad was neutered right after that.

I bet the people who sell at AL flea markets are part of his brokering.

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/03/09 01:23 PM

Nancy yes they are most likely selling at the Al. flea market. It would be his brokers from Lucedale, Ms. I think that is the name of the place they are from. They cover Al.,southern Ms., and La. Then Bobby covers Memphis and all areas up this way. It is sad to go to the Memphis flea market and see him selling these poor underage babies, that are orange as a fruit orange. Then he uses the small cage like we use as hospital cages with a plexiglass divider in the middle of it with 2 large plastic containers like you would get trail mix or something in from Walmart that is clear for them to sleep in. Then he will have one out with a leash on it and will grab hold of the leash and pull it out of his pocket if someone wants to see and hold one.

Now as far as the putting collars on the ones that have siblings, I have never seen any with collars on. And you know with as many as he has at a time to sell that there has to be siblings. He will even openly admit he sells joeys as young as 4-5 weeks OOP. It's sad when a young child tells you mommy those joeys are to small and need their mommies and look sick. That is how sickly looking his joeys are.
Posted By: fliptout

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/03/09 03:11 PM

I ran into them at a Flea market in Memphis at the state fairgrounds. Gliders were too young and drugged, poor things couldn't lift their heads. He claimed they were just tired.

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/03/09 03:50 PM

I don't think they are drugged. I believe and I can't say for sure but just from the looks of the joeys they are just way to young and sick/dehydrated. I try to go every month to the Memphis flea market just to see if he is there and to catch people as they leave his booth to educate them. He no longer comes to the Southaven flea market. He also goes to the Memphis Bird Show.

Re: mississippi rebel glider ranch..? - 04/04/09 03:11 AM

thanks everyone for the info. i was kind of just wondering about them because i'd never heard of them before and they're only in mississippi and i'm in louisiana..
i already have a breeder i recommend when people ask me about where to get gliders. if anyone mentions this place i'll be sure to tell them to avoid it like the plague!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL