GliderCENTRAL

TGI Glider Booth

Posted By: CharmedSuggies

TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 04:11 PM

I have some fantastic news on the road to helping TGI and the flea market projects. Zuki_Mom (Tiffany)and I will be opening up a booth at the Trader's World Flea Market. Tiffany has talked with the other pet vendors there and they have told her that they have had alot of questions on sugar glider products. There are no sugar glider vendors there and Sugar Gliders R Us is at Ceasar's Creek. Our goal there is to pass out the TGI info and help for those glider owners and possible glider wannabe owners the information they need to know as well as guiding them to GC. We will also have a donation box out and will try to get donations for TGI. We will also be working to get those already gliders owners on a 'glider approved' diet.

We will have suggie safe products like toys and treats as well to help those that need stuff right away. Tiffany has put up an ad on Craigs List so people know we are there. We might even find someone trying to get rid of a glider/s and can rescue them if need be. I have a few great people backing us up and helping us out to try and make this as successful as we can and to try to continue as long as possible.

BREEDERS
I would like to ask for some more help please. I want to compile a list of USDA licensed breeders that we can have on hand for those that want to buy glider/s. If anyone is willing to help please PM me with the info if you do not wish to post it in this thread. I greatly appreciate any help given for this list. hug2

We plan to have a 4th of July Grand Opening. As soon as we know the exact booth location I will update this post so anyone close that may want to come and visit up will be able to find us easily. We would also appreciate any word of mouth that may help in guiding owners our way! thumb

dance WISH US LUCK!! dance

NOTE: Denise has a good idea, so if there is anyone who would like to offer any extra help if needed by providing their phone number I can keep on hand that would be great!! Again if you don't want to post it, just PM me.

THANKYOU Karen for making this possible and helping us to figure it all out! hug2
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 04:28 PM

Melissa, I think this is a GREAT idea with a GREAT location. Although I personally haven't been to Trader's World, I do hear it's a popular spot for potential suggie owners to be browsing by.

Many clap to you & Tiffany for taking this on...I think you'll have lots of questions & such. I'd suggest that you DO have a travel cage of some nature within arm's reach because you just MIGHT encounter one needing a new loving home while you're there. Be like the Boy Scouts: "Be prepared"...take phone numbers with you so you can give THEM to folks who might have questions beyond your ability. And if you encounter one of those situations, don't hesitate to say "you know, I have never had THAT happen personally...but here's a phone number to someone who COULD help you out". That wins you lots of "props" with whomever.

Good luck!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 04:33 PM

Denise
Thankyou so much for the support!! I will have a couple cages we will have there for just those possible emergencies. I have alot of phone numbers of my great GC family that have been and can be of great help! I wil be sure to have that info on hand as well.

NOTE: Denise has a good idea, so if there is anyone who would like to offer any extra help if needed by providing their phone number I can keep on hand that would be great!! Again if you don't want to post it, just PM me. THANKYOU!!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 05:28 PM

Anyone willing to help with??

1. BREEDER INFO AND CONTACT INFO

2. CONTACT INFO FOR HELP IN GLIDERS
Posted By: sprocketlover

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 05:48 PM

You beat me to it! I was actually going to start planning today, so I am really glad I caught this post. I would love to help out with this. I was looking at doing a booth at the flea market (since they are the ones that sell the gliders), but this works too smile. I would be willing to take on the treasure cove flea market (or whatever it is called now) and do the same exact thing there as traders world. Bobbi and I had discussed this but neither of us have had time to jump on it. I also wanted to talk to Dr. Brauer to see if he would be willing to have his contact information given out and if he had any suggestions for other vets who see gliders and are knowledgeable.

Melissa,I will give you a call later if you don't mind!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 06:00 PM

Amanda, sure give me a call and we can talk about it!
Posted By: LSardou

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 06:55 PM

Your more than welcome to put my name and number down for contact to help.

Linda Sardou
620-382-3228

Thank you for putting this together! hug2

off_topic
Sometime we need to get together and talk. I am doing something similar. My project involves a community educational program to be set up a week or so 'prior' to when these mill breeders are scheduled to sell at a event.

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 07:01 PM

Thankyou Linda, I really appreciate it!!

Sure, here's my number also, 937-409-0255, talk to ya soon!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 07:29 PM

For local help, you're always welcome to direct them to me. smile They can email me, phone me or catch me here just about any time. smile

Amanda Miller
amanda@flyingmarsupial.com
469-744-5524

Also, of you'd like to give the web address for my how to videos or anything, you're more than welcome.

ALSO also, if you need any help with the booth, let me know and I'd love to help out. I had a BLAST doing it at the Pet Expo!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/10/09 07:32 PM

Amanda, you rock!! Thanks girlie!! We would be glad to have you there helping anytime!!
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 02:32 AM

Thank you so much for doing this! I sent you a PM with my number. I'm willing to help out any way I can.

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 04:00 AM

I'm glad you guys are doing this! It's a great idea!
I wish you the best! hug2

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: CharmedSuggies
Amanda, you rock!! Thanks girlie!! We would be glad to have you there helping anytime!!
Just let me know when and I'll do my best to be awake roflmao

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 11:59 AM

Shelly I got your PM, thanks so much! hug2

Erica, thankyou for the support! hug2

Amanda, ha ha, I will definitely let you know ahead of time and if you want to take a nap at the booth you can, LOL. I'll just tell people you are like a glider, nocturnal roflmao

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 03:12 PM

I have some good news!! Tiffany advertised on craigslist about the booth. Since yesterday, there have been ALOT of inquiries!!!

First, she was asked if we were with Sugar Gliders R Us. When she told them no she said they were very happy and pleased we weren't. dance

Second, she has had ALOT of people asking about the HPW diet. We are gonna have the HPW sample pack, thanks to Karen, for people to try since one of our goals is to get their gliders on a glider approved diet.

So far it's going good in advertising. Now I just need more help in the BREEDER & CONTACT DEPT if anyone else is willing to help. Thankyou to those that have already replied!! hug2

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 06:07 PM

Second, she has had ALOT of people asking about the HPW diet. We are gonna have the HPW sample pack, thanks to Karen, for people to try since one of our goals is to get their gliders on a glider approved diet.

I actually have a little card to hand out that has the entire HPW diet on it. If you guys want copies, let me know. grin
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 06:34 PM

Melissa, you have my contact info, it's easiest to reach me by email (info@glidinhigh.com wink )

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/11/09 08:01 PM

Amanda, that sounds good but I will wait for them. I just had alot of copies made on paper so let me get rid of them first.

Becki, thankyou very much, yes I have your info and I will add you to the list!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/26/09 03:48 PM

Only 8 more days left!! dance I'm so excited and anxious to get in there. agree

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/26/09 05:03 PM

WOO WOO!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/26/09 05:21 PM

I'm really impressed you guys are willing to spend your time educating the public. This is so important. How cool! smile

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/26/09 05:31 PM

Thanks Jen! We are hoping to get out as much info as possible, provide glider safe products and also 'rescue' gliders if need be.

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/26/09 05:34 PM

help I do need some extra help though.

BREEDERS
I only have 2 breeders who responded to giving me info and contact info for my breeder list. There are alot of people i'd love to use but i'm trying to keep it somewhat close by so that they don't have to be shipped.

Please and thanks

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/28/09 05:14 PM

Have you got any breeders to respond yet?

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/28/09 05:15 PM

Melissa...can you email me the fliers you will be handing out? Once I get everything together for the other flea market I will print everything up. I just want to make sure I am handing out the same exact thing as you so that people do not get confused!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/28/09 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Amanda1981
Have you got any breeders to respond yet?

Nope frown All I have right now is GliderNursery (Shelly) & Gliderma (Lynn). I do know that I have Angie also that is a breeder in Ohio.

Amanda (sprocketlover)
I don't have that info on file to email you. Karen put an order in at FedEx Kinko's and I just picked it up. If we can meet somehow and sometime soon, I can give you 1 copy of each and you can reprint them that way dunno

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/28/09 06:45 PM

Amanda (sprocketlover)
I don't have that info on file to email you. Karen put an order in at FedEx Kinko's and I just picked it up. If we can meet somehow and sometime soon, I can give you 1 copy of each and you can reprint them that way dunno
That disk that I gave you has all that info on it. wink

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/28/09 07:11 PM

Whatever works best smile Do you all have enough people for the first weekend? Is there some kind of schedule/shifts? I can help out on Sunday if you need people.

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/28/09 09:23 PM

We are gonna work together all day this weekend. But if you feel like coming out to help, an extra hand always helps. You can also help answer questions since you are an experienced owner.

If you want to stop by please do.

I'm hoping this first weekend we get a decent amt of people in there since Tiffany put a post on craigslist and we had so many responses.

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/28/09 10:19 PM

I'll be out to see you guys, for sure. smile I'm hoping y'all have a great turn out!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/29/09 11:17 AM

Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait to see ya girl! Thanks alot.
Posted By: TheGliderPlayroom

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/29/09 12:58 PM

BREEDERS
I only have 2 breeders who responded to giving me info and contact info for my breeder list. There are alot of people i'd love to use but i'm trying to keep it somewhat close by so that they don't have to be shipped.

I can give you my info, but it's rare that I actually have joeys available, esp in the price range for newbies (unless it's a neutered male). I have two boys right now looking for homes, but these are the first joeys I've had to actively search for a home for in over a year...

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 06/29/09 01:29 PM

Your info would still be great Helen. If at the time you don't have any, maybe you could help them find one. If you don't want to post it, you can just PM me with your info. Thanks alot!!

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/03/09 11:37 PM

dance TOMORROW IS OUR GRAND OPENING!! dance

Aaron and I went in today to setup and got most of it done. Here are some pics of our partially setup booth!! jump

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/Glideritis/TGI%20Booth/IMGP3614.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/Glideritis/TGI%20Booth/IMGP3615.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/Glideritis/TGI%20Booth/IMGP3616.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/Glideritis/TGI%20Booth/IMGP3617.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/Glideritis/TGI%20Booth/IMGP3623.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/Glideritis/TGI%20Booth/IMGP3624.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/Glideritis/TGI%20Booth/IMGP3626.jpg

It is not completely done but will be finished tomorrow before they open to the public.

WISH US LUCK!!!! glider agree

THANKYOU KAREN FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP IN GETTING THIS THROUGH!! hug2
Posted By: konotashi

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/03/09 11:43 PM

That's AWESOME! dance

Good luck! what better place to go to to educate potential/already glider owners than a busy place like the fair?! dance

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/04/09 12:52 AM

dance Can't wait to see it in person! hug2

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/04/09 01:11 AM

YAY us!! LOL

Can't wait to see ya there Amanda!
Posted By: pebbles1975

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/04/09 01:42 AM

yeah can you tell us what aisle and stuff you are going to be at. Im too lazy to read everything if you already said so.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/04/09 02:45 AM

It Looks GREAT! Wished I could be there!
Good Luck tomorrow, and THANK YOU!!!

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/04/09 03:24 AM

Great Job!!! dance I think this will help alot.
Posted By: gliderma

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/04/09 03:56 AM

Looks like you are off to a great start! Wish I was closer to help out in person! I have emergency cards & stickers as well as toilet seat reminders if you can use them? It's too late for tomorrow, but let me know for future use. I could also send you some Mid Michigan Glider Group cards in case anyone comes up this way.
Posted By: sugeebaby

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/04/09 12:16 PM

Looks rally good. You did a great job setting up.
Posted By: mylittleshadow

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/05/09 01:47 AM

Hope your first day went great - sorry I didn't make it out there maybe tomorrow

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 12:10 AM

Thanks everyone!!! For our fist weekend there we did pretty well! Betwewen saturday and sunday we have set some glider owners on the right path diet wise and referred them all to GC!! dance

We already have people saying they will be back and they will pass the word on agree I'm totally exhausted but had fun. We actually had alot of people that did not know alot but they were very open and willing to learn.

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 12:21 AM

I forgot to tell yall, Aaron helped me put together a mini starter kit.

Starter Kit
1. HPW sample pack w/recipe
2. Sample treat pack
3. E Collar kit w/instructions
4. Mini travel ER kit

I have 21 of these starter kits and we have passed out at least 4 with a money donation to TGI!!

I will be working on theis week a banner to hang above the items that says what we sell, i.e. Cage sets, pouches, bonding pouches, education information, treats, etc... We are already planning things to broaden and improve the booth, WOO HOO!!! I'm so excited and feel good to help those in need and educate those that don't know and EVERYONE gets referred here!

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 12:37 AM

Melissa, I wanted to come out SO bad today, but last night I went to bed at 11 because I was so dern sick! (11 is like going to bed at 2pm for you normal people out there!) I knew that those headaches were the beginning of something terrible... and oh... it is. frown

Have you seen that VistaPrint now has BANNERS!?!? How cool is that!? http://www.vistaprint.com/custom-banners...amp;dng=1141720

Worth the $12 if you ask me!
Posted By: Sherri

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 01:28 AM

That sounds wonderful Melissa! I cant wait for next weeks update about it!
Posted By: pebbles1975

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 02:11 AM

well I thought it looked great.

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 02:17 AM

Yea, I missed ya Amanda!! Angie came to visit, yay! I will definitely check that out on the banner, thanks alot. Thanks Sherri, it was a pretty good turn out for just starting out. I can't wait until next weekend already, lol.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 02:31 AM

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Congrats...and THANKS!
Posted By: sugeebaby

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 02:36 AM

I am so happy to hear it went well. I love the starter kit idea. Might have to do something like that are our booths this fall.
You must keep us posted. It is a great success if you educate just one person.
Posted By: ozzi

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 04:45 AM

I wish I could have been there Melissa. Great job!!!!! dance

Pat

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/06/09 12:44 PM

Thanks everyone!! We were able to educate several people and even potential owners. People took the info Karen sent me which was great as well as asked us a bunch of questions.

I will definitely keep updating so you all know what's been going on each weekend.

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/12/09 09:14 PM

The booth looks great! You have so many items available and the information is out there for anyone and everyone to see and take. Those starter kits ROCK too! I would have LOVED to have one of those when I started.

If you need any help, just call me up. smile I had fun talking to people while I was there. It was really good to see you and to get to smoosh on your gliders a little. grin LOL
Posted By: mylittleshadow

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/12/09 09:30 PM

Yeah smooching on the gliders was a blast...

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/12/09 09:46 PM

And they MUST love Auntie Amanda because they left me SOOOO many pressies! roflmao
Posted By: Sherri

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/13/09 01:22 AM

Awe!!!! Auntie Amanda was blessed today! I'm glad to hear that you both got to spend some time at the booth. I wish I was closer so I could do some smooching too!

Re: TGI Glider Booth UPDATE - 07/13/09 01:55 PM

LOL, yes they love their Auntie Amanda & Patricia! Hugo never stays on anyone other than me & Aaron for too long!

It was so great you guys came to visit. Thanks for your help also in talking to people. I will definitely call you, any extra help in talking to people is always great! If you ever wanna come and hang out also Patricia, please do!

Re: TGI Glider Booth - 07/14/09 11:59 PM

I'm not a big breeder, but if I can help in anyway let me know. smile
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL