GliderCENTRAL

Rescue Homes

Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Rescue Homes - 08/21/09 12:24 PM

I don't know where the rescue homes for gliders are located. I want to know if there are any in the Ohio area? Cincinnati/Columbus

If not, are there any nearby close?

Unfortunately there seems to be alot of gliders here in Ohio that pop up needing rescue.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated on this issue.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Rescue Homes - 08/21/09 12:38 PM

Here is a list of who I know of at the time. You also might want to check our Rescue Database to see if there are others listed there.

Val B. (Something_To_Believe_In, Jackie_Chans_Mom) --Texas
Laurie (suggiemom) -- South Carolina
Mary and Charlie (MaryH, CharlieH) --Texas
Shawna (US Mom) --Texas
Nancy (jacknsally) --Texas
Tammy (TWilson) -- Florida
Kate (thefotokat) -- Florida
Kinue (matchmakersmagic) -- Florida
Colleen (happygypsymoth) -- Florida
Adri - Florida
Teresa (terieK ) --Tennessee
Lori (Bourbon) --Tennessee

Re: Rescue Homes - 08/21/09 12:46 PM

Thanks Linda. I will have to look since all those on the list there are too far away.
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Rescue Homes - 08/21/09 12:53 PM

Melissa
If you know of an emergent situation, you can contact any of the above listed rescue homes and we have a network in place to get gliders from any place in the U.S. to the closest rescue home with available space.

There are people in Michigan Always willing to help out as well. Karen (sugeebaby in the Detroit area) and I work together to get gliders from that area to Texas and vice versa quite often.

Re: Rescue Homes - 08/21/09 01:00 PM

Thankyou very much Val for that info. I will keep that list handy. I at least have urs and Bourbons #.

Re: Rescue Homes - 08/21/09 01:03 PM

I'm more than willing to help a rescue and foster but I keep coming across those people that want money for the glider when they really don't want them and I know the glider is not taken care of. So in that situation I don't know what to do because I can't afford to buy them so I can save them or I would.
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: Rescue Homes - 08/21/09 01:50 PM

You just have to remind yourself... you can't save them all!

I am forced to tell myself this A LOT!!

You can also call on S.P.I.N.... we do help rescues in need and we coordinate railroads
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL