GliderCENTRAL

Glideritis is......

Posted By: suggiemom1980

Glideritis is...... - 09/02/10 04:52 PM

Carefully leaning over, so as to not smush the suggie in your bra, then realizing, you don't have a suggie in your bra!

Being threatened with being banned from Walmart if you take your gliders in again, taking them anyway, then covering any noises they make, by pretending it's your cell phone.

Feeling such an emptiness inside, when you can't hold your suggies, because you have to put them in their cage at night.

Planning your life around tent time and feeding them their dinner.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/02/10 06:15 PM

I agree with so many of yours, Connie.

Glideritis is...

Not wearing any nail polish anymore because your afraid one of your gliders may chip a piece off and get sick.

Making a 50 minute trip to the next town over just to see if they have your gliders favorite fruit... then get there and realise they still don't have what you're looking for, lol. smile
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/02/10 07:14 PM

Glideritis is......

Going to Target for something, then realizing you've only walked out with things for your monkeys!

Having your husband walk in the door each evening from work and reach out to touch your chest, asking "Packin' fuzz?" before giving you a hug hello.

Having never sewn in your life, but buying a $500 sewing machine so you can learn to make anything and everything you'd ever want for your monkeys.

Standing in line at the store, everyone staring at you while holding the top of your shirt open as you seemingly talk to your breasts....lol
Posted By: johnsgirl02

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/02/10 08:02 PM

I love all of these. I'm glad I'm not the only one that does these things!

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/02/10 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: DCMuffin
Glideritis is......

Standing in line at the store, everyone staring at you while holding the top of your shirt open as you seemingly talk to your breasts....lol

Guilty! LOL!

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/02/10 08:51 PM

If you have bra babies, I find it hard to believe you're NOT guilty of this! roflmao

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 12:06 PM

Don't let this thread stop here! Need more signs and symptoms of glideritis that we can all agree with or laugh about!

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 12:10 PM

Really, if we don't get other responses, Connie and I will have to take over and post all of ours. Somehow, I have a feeling that some of you just might not want to hear ALL of them! roflmao
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 12:39 PM

Glideritis is when your boss catches you reading Glider Central at work but instead of getting fired you are able to distract him with all the cool glider information you have learned here.

Glideritis is when your pet ferrets are running away from you because you keep trying to make them into bra babies.

Glideritis is when all your friends and family are telling you to just shut up and get some already!

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 12:47 PM

grin Thanks I think alot of these apply to me and what a fun way to start the day.
Posted By: rdobbie23

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 02:50 PM

You have glideritis when your suggies have more cage toys and fleece pouch than you do clothing! smile I would rathre spend the money on them, then me!
Posted By: heidi

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 03:17 PM

glider itus is when you have a whole 12 hrs off and make your boy friend drive almost two hrs away for a cage so you can sleep...

glider itus is going in walmart and comming out with a freezer, so your kids can have all there favorit fruits andveggies from the farmers market...first trip to farmers market,realize that freezer will never do need larger off to lowes i whent...lol

look around the house to see where next glider stuff can go .get storage shed to keep your stuff in so more glider stuff can come in

drive about an hour and half with fabric in hand um a garbage bag and list of special projects for gliders....thanks krys kritters..........

am so picky on cage designs i think i may be on a vender worning list(watch for this girl she is crazzy) thanks beladonas mom,toys by davie,heather,and all you others ..these are the most recent ive drove insaine
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 04:41 PM

Glideritis is when:

You use "I can't sleep" as an excuse just to have extra time in the glider room.

They have their own organic section in the fridge.

Your kids say: "I wish I was a glider"

When your family avoids you because they already know everything about sugar gliders as you already told them.

When your family doctor looks down your shirt before he greets you.

When you go to the shop to get bread but your eyes scan everything just to make sure there isn't something that the suggies will like.

When you replace your wife's picture on your desk at work with one of your gliders.

When a man (Casper) holds onto his chest so someone won't accidentally bump into his gliders.

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 04:43 PM

When someone stares at your chest while a glider's tail is sticking out and you say "what, never seen a woman grow chest hair?"
Posted By: johnsgirl02

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 04:56 PM

Glideritis is when:

Your husband asks you if it's ok to eat any of the fruits or veggies out of the fridge because he knows they are probably for the gliders and he doesn't want to get in trouble.

When your husband see the UPS truck pull up and he automatically says "You got another package for the gliders."

When your sitting in the waiting room at the doctors office and everyone is looking at you like your crazy because your talking to your chest..and you don't care you just keep right on talking.

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 04:59 PM

When you have no desire to make dinner and instead, throw in a frozen pizza....then later that evening, you spend two hours cutting up fruits and veggies for a week's worth of glider food! roflmao
Posted By: Trigger

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 05:10 PM

your boobs bark

your purse crabs

everything is a potential toy part.

you spend 1/2 your life in a tent but you never go camping

you have every toy fisher price makes but you've never had a baby

the first section you hit at Walmart is the fabric dept, second toy dept, third produce and what you had on your REAL list will have to wait cuz you're broke

you make omelettes for the furr kids but the skin kids get cold cereal

chicken soup for the monkeys is home made and your family can have canned, scratch that they can eat Ramen noodle it's cheaper

your man is jealous because he is the last to get a peek down your shirt and he won't fit in your bra

The only kind of grooming you concern yourself with is overgrooming

Skin kids get a sniffle and you give them a tylenol cold and a tissue, glider gets a sniffle and you spend $300 and the night at the Glider ER

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 05:13 PM

Jennifer wins! roflmao

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 05:13 PM

And the most annoying of all...

it's time to go play with kiddos means tent time not monopoly.

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 05:18 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao Yes yes yes to you Jen!!

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 05:20 PM

I am just developing glideritis, and I love all these! I think I will fit right in!
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Gizmogirl
Glideritis is when:

When you replace your wife's picture on your desk at work with one of your gliders.

OMG that is hilarious!!

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 07:16 PM

I love this post..

Glideritis is when you take the gliders out for a ride & leave BF home..

Tom

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 07:24 PM

roflmao roflmao Glideritis is when you have bookmarked this page in your browser for easy access.
Posted By: josefine

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 08:38 PM

i remember once someone else mentioned that this is glideritis when we have to move the mealies in the fridge to get to the butter!!!
the gliders have more toys now than the actual kids had growing up.

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/03/10 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Trigger
And the most annoying of all...

it's time to go play with kiddos means tent time not monopoly.

Too funny!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/04/10 01:55 AM

Glideritis is:

Glider Central is your home page.

The smell of dead skunk on the highway reminds you of the little joeys that skunked you last night.

You have two freezers in the house and one is just for the gliders.

The sugar gliders eat more fruits and veggies than the 5 adults living in the house.

You have to go to glider central at work and show everyone the cute pictures in the glider of the week contest.

You have severe glider withdrawals on the two days work each week.

You wear really baggy clothes to hide all the bonding pouches your wearing.

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/04/10 03:45 AM

Glideritis is:
When you start saying hey you, come here to them cause you can't remember their names!!

You have to move the dressers out of the bedroom to make room for more glider cages!!

Posted By: josefine

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/04/10 04:29 AM

strangers look @ you funny, & friends walk away from you, b/c you are constantly caressing the babies in your bra where ever you go. i do this w/o thinking all the time!!! smile smile
one time i was @ a friends house, & we were playing cards.the friend knew i was packing, but 2 other friends joined us, & it was really [censored] them out, they couldn't believe i would just sit there & rub my boobs!! i brought my girls out, & everything was fine after that!!!! smile smile smile

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/06/10 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: josefine
strangers look @ you funny, & friends walk away from you, b/c you are constantly caressing the babies in your bra where ever you go. i do this w/o thinking all the time!!! smile smile
one time i was @ a friends house, & we were playing cards.the friend knew i was packing, but 2 other friends joined us, & it was really [censored] them out, they couldn't believe i would just sit there & rub my boobs!! i brought my girls out, & everything was fine after that!!!! smile smile smile

A friend of mine Toni got some poor hubby smacked in Walmart because his wife caught him staring as she rubbed her "boobs"

Bra mommas have to be careful, y'all are gonna get some poor guy beat down in public!
Posted By: eterrell84

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/06/10 11:04 PM

glideritis is:
buying your 2 1/2 yr old a fleece blankie and she says "that for apple and archer?"
LOL
Posted By: krysKritters

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/12/10 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: heidi

drive about an hour and half with fabric in hand um a garbage bag and list of special projects for gliders....thanks krys kritters..........

Well, don't thank me yet... I have even attempted some of the "special" projects yet... roflmao

But you are always welcome to come on over! smile

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/12/10 03:02 AM

Glideritis is when your spouse sees you perusing the "glider things" section and when you call, "Hey baby, come look at this!", you hear "THEY HAVE ENOUGH STUFF!".

Or when your best party trick is to flip everyone out when they hear one of your 5 gliders barking and you KNOW which one it is... from the next room!
Posted By: acook1021

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/12/10 03:21 AM

Glideritis is when your kids will not share the toys they have grown out of with your sugar gliders, so you go and buy the same little people sets your skin kids have to give to your sugar gliders. My gliders each have a cage full of toys that get changed out every week to new toys (that they have not seen in at least a month). I can not even tell you the amount of toys my gliders have. It is so funny my kids like to shop in the glider toys. lol
Posted By: SugarCrazy

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/13/10 12:29 AM

...when 95% of your To Do list is for your fuzz babies.

...when the glider room is the cleanest one in the whole house.

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/14/10 08:51 PM

....letting your family eat out or eat fast food cause you spent all day online reading and shopping for gliders that you don't have yet.

....when the laundry is piled to the ceiling in the laundry room, but all the new fleece has been washed, dried, folded and put away. ( Did I mention I don't HAVE the gliders yet!)

...looking forward to seeing the mail man each day and having your kids say "another package for the gliders?"

.....arranging and re-arranging the new cage and toys and pouches, trying to find the perfect arrangement for your gliders when they do arrive.

....never looking at a toy/cookie cutter/whiffle ball/straw or anything else for that matter, the same way again!

So may be all this won't sound so bad come next weekend when my babies are here! blush
Posted By: anjill_tree

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/14/10 10:00 PM

.....Eyes wide opened and voice of excitement every time you talk about your gliders.

.....Trying to open up fleece closet with all the fleece n closet to fall over. ( I'm still grounded from Joanns)

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/15/10 05:30 PM

....buying a bra a size or two up, not because your chest has grown, but to fit all the monkeys! roflmao
Posted By: IslandGliders

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/15/10 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Shelley
....letting your family eat out or eat fast food cause you spent all day online reading and shopping for gliders that you don't have yet.

....when the laundry is piled to the ceiling in the laundry room, but all the new fleece has been washed, dried, folded and put away. ( Did I mention I don't HAVE the gliders yet!)

...looking forward to seeing the mail man each day and having your kids say "another package for the gliders?"

.....arranging and re-arranging the new cage and toys and pouches, trying to find the perfect arrangement for your gliders when they do arrive.

....never looking at a toy/cookie cutter/whiffle ball/straw or anything else for that matter, the same way again!

So may be all this won't sound so bad come next weekend when my babies are here! blush

Man oh man, can I empathize with you here! LOL

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/16/10 03:02 AM

Glideritis is buying tons of fruit and veggies and hardly eating any of it, because its for the gliders, not the humans.

Glideritis is going to the glider room first thing in the morning to check on the cages, BEFORE making coffee!!

(Nothing used to keep me from my coffee pot in the mornings, til the furbabies came into my life)

Re: Glideritis is...... - 09/16/10 03:24 AM

..knowing it's a compliment when you get peed on because they're claiming you as their

...buying live mealies even though they're creepy because it's too cute to watch your gliders "stalk" them

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 07:27 AM

...looking at your hubby having a Sunday afternoon nap, his body in same position as a mommy glider on her back, legs apart, shaking while dreaming and his snoring representing a mommy glider singing to her joey.

I bet he was dreaming he had a joey. roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Gizmogirl
...looking at your hubby having a Sunday afternoon nap, his body in same position as a mommy glider on her back, legs apart, shaking while dreaming and his snoring representing a mommy glider singing to her joey.

I bet he was dreaming he had a joey. roflmao roflmao roflmao

HAHA! I love the shaking part, too funny! roflmao
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 08:01 AM

roflmao roflmao Gizmogirl, while on this subject, are you familiar with the fact that mealworm leftovers or even live mealies fall out of your bra when you go for a shower? roflmao roflmao

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 08:24 AM

Uhmmmmmm, yes, and I think that is normal. tounge
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 09:00 AM

glideritis is....

when you are typing on your laptop and something small and brown and moist falls on your keyboard and at first you are like "what the 'hay' is THAT!" and when you realize its poop you immediately calm down and say, "oh, its only glider poop"
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 09:40 AM

Glideritis is:

Always having two purses with you (bonding pouch and your own purse)

An emergency cage and travel kit on your backseat that is NOT to be moved from that seat, put your arm on it

4 Travel repts in your trunk where your spare goes

Buying two cases of water per month (one for us one for them)

Always having apple-juice on hand

Having a fridge in your glider room for them, which USED to be JUST an office, but now it's mostly theirs

Having clorox wipes and plenty of toys on hand when your relatives bring kids over around the glider toy age

You buy one sewing machine, but it isn't good enough and starts to skip stitches so you buy another one 4 times the price of the first one and it has an embroidery feature JUST so you can embroider gliders and names on every fleece sweater you own

You have a $300.00 cabinet...for fleece

Finding poop in your purse at the checkout is no big deal, you just toss it right back in

A glider tattoo is on you, somewhere

Anything you eat, a head pops out of your shirt like a shark to try and steal some

Your gliders talk back to you

You know which glider is talking to other gliders, crabbing or barking across or from the other room

Your new office chair has a mesh back so gliders can play on it too

You base your furniture options on what is safest for gliders

You have a glider tower (cat tower) right next to your desk

Being stared at in walmart because you're unconsciously rubbing your chest

Pulling over in a parking lot to get someone who discovered how to open zippers

Smelling pee on your arm

Not showering for two days (or going anywhere for that matter) just so your fleece blankets get good and ripe for the new babies

Having more bonding pouches than you do purses

Living in an apartment, you have three hampers of laundry to do and none of it is glider stuff

Just HAVING to browse the blanket section of thrift stores because a yard of fleece COULD be hiding in there (think I'm joking? It happened LOL)

Going into walmart or anywhere that has fabric and your other half already knows where to find you... Then you walk out spending 30 bucks on fabric and none on your painting supplies

Re-organizing your fabric stash and finding out that you have too many prints and not enough solids...another trip for me! grin

Your jewelry is from Esquivel & Fees (gliders), your favorite notebooks and pens have gliders on them and you rarely change perfumes because of your gliders

Having an emergency plan for the gliders but not your family photos or paintings

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: chattrbabe
Glideritis is:

Anything you eat, a head pops out of your shirt like a shark to try and steal some

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: IslandGliders

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 12:10 PM

Getting peed on but not changing clothes because you're just going to play with the gliders again later anyway. smile
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/14/10 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: suggiemom_1980
Glideritis is:

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Seriously! Boomer's nickname is jaws or shark now! I was eating a cucumber mushroom sandwich one day and he came straight up and latched on to a cucumber! He wouldn't let go until there was a chunk missing and he had a piece! roflmao
Posted By: Feather

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/15/10 09:12 PM

Glideritis is:

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Seriously! Boomer's nickname is jaws or shark now! I was eating a cucumber mushroom sandwich one day and he came straight up and latched on to a cucumber! He wouldn't let go until there was a chunk missing and he had a piece! roflmao

I was at our company picnic a few years ago and was eating a cherry tomato, Zoey zipped out of the pouch grabbed the tomato and was back in the pouch with her prize before we realized what she did. Little stinker.

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/16/10 01:47 AM

Glideritis is.....

When GC goes down and you don't know what to do with your computer. Thank goodness it's back up!

About a year ago, I was eating dry Fruit Loops. As I started to put one in my mouth, Calypso popped out of my shirt, snatched the Fruit Loop out of my open mouth and dove back into my bra. By the time I winched her out of my bra, where she had dug in with 4-wheel drive, there was nothing but crumbs left!

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/16/10 01:52 AM

Glideritis is.....

When GC goes down and you don't know what to do with your computer. Thank goodness it's back up!

About a year ago, I was eating dry Fruit Loops. As I started to put one in my mouth, Calypso popped out of my shirt, snatched the Fruit Loop out of my open mouth and dove back into my bra. By the time I winched her out of my bra, where she had dug in with 4-wheel drive, there was nothing but crumbs left!

roflmao

I do NOT have food driven suggies, believe it or not. Or maybe I should say YET! lol Regular food, they pay no mind. But if there are mealies around? Teeka can't even function properly! It's hysterical! lol

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/18/10 01:24 AM

.....is having a "veteran glider owner/vendor/rescuer come to your home and see the fleece you bought only to say "I have NEVER bought THAT much fleece, EVER!".... (Maybe I should start a new thread ADDICTED TO FLEECE.)
Posted By: Shad

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/18/10 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: JillMarie
glideritis is....

when you are typing on your laptop and something small and brown and moist falls on your keyboard and at first you are like "what the 'hay' is THAT!" and when you realize its poop you immediately calm down and say, "oh, its only glider poop"

I have sooo done this
Posted By: Donnarae

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/18/10 03:26 AM

Oh yeah...no biggie. If you can't take a little glider poo and glider pee there must be something wrong with you.
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/18/10 07:29 AM

glideritis...
when your 18 year old son refers to your glider as his "little sister"

when your freeze dried cricket supplier says they are out and the only thing you worry about is Arwen being mad at YOU for it (I swear its not my fault!)

I put this on my site awhile ago:

“Glideritis”. This is a scary disease and I have found that it can be very contagious when there are sugar gliders residing in the home. Symptoms of glideritis include, but is not limited to:

* Buying tons of toys or toy making supplies for your sugar gliders.

* Looking at everything you see as if it could be made into a toy

* Driving an hour to buy some high priced exotic fruit no one has heard of to see if the sugar gliders will like it

* Buying a dehydrator for the sole purpose of making sugar glider treats

* Insisting on a pouch in every color

* Buying a sewing machine for the sole purpose of making your pouches because buying them got too expensive

* Deciding to sell extra pouches you make just because you spent all your (human) grocery money on toy making supplies

* Buying a chest freezer because you need more room to store all the frozen exotic fruit you bought

* Carrying pictures of your sugar gliders and showing them off before pictures of your kids/grandkids. Carrying 10 pictures of the sugar gliders but one or two of the kids/grandkids

* Every conversation ends up being about sugar gliders, even if it started about the car getting an oil change

* Cant go on vacation unless the sugar gliders can go too

* Choosing clothes that “match” your sugar gliders, and being concerned that they can climb on the material easily

* Insisting on your spouse putting the phone up to the pouch while you are away so they can hear you and you can hear them “click” to you in response.

* You can never remember being without them, cant imagine what it would be like to be without them, and not wanting to ever be without them again

Re: Glideritis is...... - 10/18/10 04:16 PM

Glideritus is

When you tell friends & family they can't come over because it interferes with your playtime with the kids..
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL