GliderCENTRAL

Teething?

Posted By: Anonymous

Teething? - 07/31/07 09:34 PM

Do the joeys teeth like our babies do at all? We have a rejected joey that is now 4 almost 5 weeks old and he chews on EVERYTHING! What should we give him that will feel good when he chews? He refuses to take a yogurt drop or anything that isn't his milk & Cereal as far as food goes. He chews on clothes, jewelry, barrel of monkeys, anything he can get his little paws on. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: Teething? - 07/31/07 09:42 PM

Sugar glider joeys are born with all of their teeth, so they don't teethe like human babies. But he is getting used to actually using his teeth since he is getting older. It's just a normal part of growing up, and there's really no way to defer it at this young of an age.
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Teething? - 07/31/07 09:53 PM

I think it is like a two year old kid - everything they pick up goes into the mouth. It is just one more way of finding out about the world. At 4-5 weeks, your joey would be just starting to experiment with solid foods - the beginning of the weaning process. He is probably just figuring out what is food and what isn't, and what is all this about anyway??
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Teething? - 07/31/07 10:04 PM

Sarah was handraised and did that too. smile She loved to chew on everything so I gave her some LARGE plastic beads, blocks, etc. She had fun with them!

Re: Teething? - 07/31/07 10:18 PM

Gliders, both old and young, are like babies in that they explore things with their mouths. Sounds like he's just trying to figure out everything the best way he knows how.

Re: Teething? - 07/31/07 10:38 PM

I have 6 1/2 week old twins, one hand raised and the other with the parents. Both these sweeties will chew on anything and everything if given the chance, especially my hand... And if I remember right Aiden (the daddy) went through another chewing phase at about 5 months oop... *sigh*.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL