GliderCENTRAL

How Do I Clean Lexi up after Feeding her?

Posted By: Anonymous

How Do I Clean Lexi up after Feeding her? - 10/10/09 02:44 AM

I've tried warm damp Q-tips but it's hard to dry her off...and I don't want to keep her wet. she's not soaked, I just don't want her to be damp. is there anyway else I can clean her?
She's doing a lot better btw. smile drinking lots of pedialyte and formula.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How Do I Clean Lexi up after Feeding her? - 10/10/09 02:50 AM

I'm sorry if i'm asking too many questions and starting too many topics...
Posted By: LSardou

Re: How Do I Clean Lexi up after Feeding her? - 10/10/09 04:52 AM

First of all - there is NO reason to apologize! We are here to help!

You can use the cottonelle baby wipes (the kind without alovera) to wipe her down with.

As soon as you're finished, put her next to your skin wrapped in a fleece blankie to keep her warm until her fur dries.

I'm happy to hear that she is doing better! Your doing a wonderful job! hug2
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: How Do I Clean Lexi up after Feeding her? - 10/10/09 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: LSardou

You can use the cottonelle baby wipes (the kind without alovera) to wipe her down with.

As soon as you're finished, put her next to your skin wrapped in a fleece blankie to keep her warm until her fur dries.

The Cottonelle wipes are what I always used to clean up my joeys after hand feeding them. However, they DO all have Aloe in them, but it is such a miniscule amount that it is not of concern and won't harm your joey. Sometimes it can leave a bit of a stickiness behind, if that happens, then use a warm, damp washcloth to "rinse" the joey off with.
After cleaning, use a DRY washcloth (you can even heat it in the microwave for a few seconds) to dry the joey off. THEN place the joey in a warm piece of fleece inside your bra (or chest pocket for guys).
Posted By: Tish84

Re: How Do I Clean Lexi up after Feeding her? - 10/11/09 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: sugarglidersuz
Originally Posted By: LSardou

The Cottonelle wipes are what I always used to clean up my joeys after hand feeding them. However, they DO all have Aloe in them, but it is such a miniscule amount that it is not of concern and won't harm your joey. Sometimes it can leave a bit of a stickiness behind, if that happens, then use a warm, damp washcloth to "rinse" the joey off with.
After cleaning, use a DRY washcloth (you can even heat it in the microwave for a few seconds) to dry the joey off. THEN place the joey in a warm piece of fleece inside your bra (or chest pocket for guys).

I just used this drying technique after I had to wipe Kingsley down when he pooped in my shelf bra and laid on it. I first tried to dry him in a towel and he wasn't having any of that. The minute I wrapped him in his fleece blankie and tucked him back in to my shelf bra, he was fast asleep.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL