GliderCENTRAL

Identifying joey as a WF

Posted By: StitchsMom

Identifying joey as a WF - 03/29/07 08:52 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any pics of joeys that are young 1-5 days OOP and are WF or WFB. I have two joeys about to come OOP in a few weeks and I'm not entirely sure how to tell if they are WF or not. crazy I've heard that it can take several days to ensure a black bar doesn't color up and grow in as they get a bit older.

Thanks so much!
Posted By: Chrissy

Re: Identifying joey as a WF - 03/29/07 08:59 PM

You can look at a bunch of pics of Pipper's little girl here http://acupofsugar.net/Pip's_joeys.htm
I have had one gray guy that came out looking like a white face...I'll try to find those pics. I think it took about a week for the bars to appear.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Identifying joey as a WF - 03/29/07 09:47 PM

a few weeks until coming oop is still a little to early to tell. But most of the time you can tell just a few days before they come oop.

I have never had one that I couldn't identify as a wf. But I know some times the bar does grow in like what happened to Chrissy.
Posted By: Chrissy

Re: Identifying joey as a WF - 03/29/07 09:56 PM

I found a pic of the little gray guy without bars...both parents were grays and his twin was dark.
First pic is of him and the second is his twin.

Attached picture 7242-2006_0707Image0561.JPG
Attached picture 7243-2006_0707Image0562.JPG

Re: Identifying joey as a WF - 03/29/07 09:58 PM

I have some of my little Priya too... The earliest i have is of her 4 days OOP, but there is a link of her gray brother as well.... so you can kind of compare them... I wasn't really sure if Kumar was Gray or not at first... now that his fur is growing in, it is really apparent

Links to Priya and Kumar's galleries
Posted By: Lynsie

Re: Identifying joey as a WF - 03/29/07 11:52 PM

Look under and to the back of the ears, it should be all white (well, no black) It took me a while to be able to identify the difference, but once I had a wf joey born, I knew instantly. Feel free to browse through my albums on my site. I have tons of pics on there.
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Identifying joey as a WF - 03/30/07 06:42 AM

Thanks for the pics! They really help. Oh, and for the record, I'm not checking now. I just want to know exactly what I will be looking for when they do come OOP. thumb

Re: Identifying joey as a WF - 03/30/07 01:53 PM

Here are a few more pictures for you to look at for reference too.

Attached picture 7255-BeforedetachingGC.jpg
Attached picture 7256-1dayoopGC.jpg
Attached picture 7257-1dayoopKenji.jpg
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL