GliderCENTRAL

Black Beauty?

Posted By: Mel2mdl

Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 01:54 AM

This is a picture of my shy glider. He is much darker than his brother. The person I got him from (before I knew better) sells colors, but does not recognize Black Beauties as a different color. So, does he look like one?

(It is hard to get good pictures of him as he is much shyer than his "brother" - not actually related, just raised together. These are just his face!)

Attached picture 8424-Lennieagain.JPG
Attached picture 8425-Lennieinhoodie.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 02:14 AM

I cannot view the whole pictures - just the top parts?

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 02:19 AM

ditto. Repost the pics please... as I have a super dark female and I was wondering if she too was a BB smile

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 02:37 AM

yea, you need to re-size the pics when you upload them to the photo share.
Posted By: surfer_chix88

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 02:42 AM

I know black beauties have the black that go all the way around their eyes insead of just the back edge and top. It almost looks like a chik with WAY too much eyeliner on!! Also, they have alot of single black hairs mixed in with their fur....more so than a standard grey.
At one time, my black beauties had black "anklets". They had a solid black band around their arms and feet where their fur started.Ill see if I have pix.

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 03:17 AM

Let me try the pictures this way - don't know how to resize shakehead

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q167/mlysell/Lennieinhoodie.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q167/mlysell/Lennieagain.jpg

Let's see if that works!
Posted By: surfer_chix88

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 03:28 AM

my opinion....
I would say a cross between a WF something and a black beauty. there isnt much coloring on the jaw area and the black goes all around the eyes and meets his nose.

He sure is a cutie!!!

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 03:39 AM

I'm going to start a thread for my girl and see what responses I get. I'd do it here, but I don't want our fuzzbutts to get confused! smile

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 04:30 AM

I think that she is a beautiful standard grey! I love greys that have markings like that. Do you have any more pics that show more of her? She reminds me of my Nibbler alot! He has a Black Beauty mother and a standard grey father and has some darker characteristics, but not enough to actually call him a BB. My girl Becca is a Black Beauty for sure although the breeder just said she was a leu het you can definately tell on her. Here are some pics. The one with the glider sitting by the mealie farm is Nibbler. The other is Becca.

Attached picture 8431-Picture152.jpg
Attached picture 8437-Picture246.jpg
Attached picture 8439-Picture280.jpg
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 11:15 AM

My Carina is a BB (Nibbler's mom heart ) and she does appear much darker than your glider appears to be... Stronger facial markings and darker overall fur. So, I think your glider is just a dark Classic Grey, sorry... Here's a couple pix of Carina that I just took a couple days ago (foraging for mealies in one of John Xglider's toys...)
This one shows her overall darker fir with the heavy black "trim" along her patagium, arms and the beginnings of her chin straps...

For a larger version, click HERE!
This one shows her chin straps and black knuckles...

For a larger version, click HERE!

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: sugarglidersuz
So, I think your glider is just a dark Classic Grey, sorry...

Don't be sorry, I was just curious, and am thrilled with any answer. He is such a cutie and his markings are so much more distinct than the other two. He is very pretty, but still shy and skittish - won't eat in my hand, runs away, hates to be held - but no biting or nipping. grin

I am thrilled to get a chance to show him off! No real reason for me to know, just curious. Thank you for all the responses. So now I know - I have 3 standard greys, one of whom is dark!

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 12:59 PM

It's funny how dark some of the Classic Grays really are smile I have a total of 10 gliders and Gizmo, Daisy and Pepe are all very dark, but not to the point of being BBs... Compared to them though, Coobah, Bittah and Luna are very light and almost silver heart There's a LOT of variation in the Classic Grays which is why BB is not recognized by some breeders as being a "true color"... it can be very hard to determine what is truly a BB vs. a dark Classic Gray.
Posted By: melek007

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 01:12 PM

I was leaning towards Nese being a BB, but she is likely a dark gray.

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 01:14 PM

your glider is a classic gray. a little darker than a standard gray however. very cute
Posted By: krysKritters

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 01:34 PM

When people ask about BB gliders I love mlove to use my stitch as an example. She let me take such a good pic to show her off... here she is...

Re: Black Beauty? - 05/07/07 02:15 PM

Very beautiful Krys & definitely a "poster glider" for Black Beauties mlove
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL