GliderCENTRAL

Who are "Mac and Cheese"?

Posted By: Sabarika

Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/23/07 09:06 PM

I've seen gliders advertised as being from pure Mac and Cheese line, what does that mean? I did a search and got wind that maybe Mac & Cheese are wild-caught gliders that had something to do with albinism or color variation, am I right?

Does anyone have info on this?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/23/07 09:21 PM

Um... what?? I've never heard anything like that. I've heard of gliders being wild caught, but they have just been referred to as "wild caught". Where did you hear this?
Posted By: GliderLove

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/23/07 09:23 PM

Mac n Cheese are a pair of Lues, not sure if wild caught or not? dunno I'm just learning about Lue lineage my self. I know they are some of the first as there are many decendents from them, that's what's hard trying to find a pair not related to each other thru that line. Finding one that has been bred out to breed together.

I'm sure the Lue folks will chime in on this one! Sorry I am not of much help!

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/23/07 09:23 PM

Mac is a wild caught mosaic and Cheese is a wild caught leucistic. They lived with Dai Green for many years. Last year they were sold, but the new owners never came forward.

Cheese is completely unrelated to the very popular "Ethan" line.
Posted By: Sabarika

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/23/07 09:43 PM

Who/what is Dai Green? Are there any photos of them? They sound really interesting.

Is there a place that has a good database on this? Priscilla's site won't load right now for me (it loads, but SLOWLY) and so I'm having trouble finding them there.

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Owndbymyfurballs

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/23/07 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: GizmosGal
Mac is a wild caught mosaic and Cheese is a wild caught leucistic. They lived with Dai Green for many years. Last year they were sold, but the new owners never came forward.

Cheese is completely unrelated to the very popular "Ethan" line.

Do you know if the new owner is breeding them? If so then wouldn't that cause a potential problem if they are not releasing their name(s)?
Posted By: GliderLove

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/24/07 12:45 AM

See..I learn something new everyday! I thought they were both Lue's..lol

Really, the "imfamous" Mac-n-cheese's new owners never fessed up? That's odd, I would be proud to own them smile

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/24/07 01:03 AM

Dai Green is a woman, lol. Many of us have bought offspring from Mac & Cheese that have not been bred into the Ethan line, so they are considered "pure", as the bloodlines have not been mixed.

I do not know of any known pictures of them. Mac has been called a "platinum". So I would guess that he is a platinum mosaic, being extremely light.

Becci, I can only assume that the new owner is breeding them. Without stepping forward, no one can be sure. Maybe they are keeping all of the offspring at this point. I doubt that Mac & Cheese are producing too many joeys a year as they are over 6 years old.
Posted By: Owndbymyfurballs

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/24/07 01:09 AM

Oic. It just seems odd that the new owner wouldn't come forward. It also bothers me that they may be breeding and not allowing the info. about the parents out (or people would know who the new owner was). Kwim?

Re: Who are "Mac and Cheese"? - 10/24/07 01:11 AM

I know what you mean. There is speculation on who bought them and it is not someone most people would buy from anyway.
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL