GliderCENTRAL

Leucistic Family Tree. :D

Posted By: Guerita135

Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:26 AM

Nevermind, I guess attempting to make a family tree was a waste of my time. Sorry for being such a bother. mad
Posted By: tbull

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:39 AM

dunno I know I'm having a bad day today, (my brain went on vacation and forgot to take me with ) but am I the only one that got totally confused with all the crossed lines?
Posted By: Lynsie

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:41 AM

I can't understand a word of it either, sorry Guerita.
Posted By: uraqt33

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Lynsie
I can't understand a word of it either, sorry Guerita.

Glad it's not just me grin
Posted By: princessmegi

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:46 AM

Definitely not a complete lineage seeing as how my Leu isn't even on there.

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:49 AM

I know it looks complicated, that's because the lineage IS complicated. It goes from son/daughter all the way back to great grandpa and such. It's crazy! tounge

If you just follow the lines you can easily figure it out.

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:51 AM

Oh yeah, I did the lineage from the charts on The Pet Glider, so it's definately not complete, that's why I was hoping ya'll could help me complete it.

The tree begins with Ethan and Ilene. Just follow the lines from there. wink

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:52 AM

Most lineage charts just repeat the names and that can get confusing so I kinda "connecte the dots" so it's a little easier to see exactly how all the gldiers are related(or NOT related).
Posted By: Dazzle

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:55 AM

I study pedigrees as a hobby. This one is very difficult to decipher. Also, you do not list phenotypes or people they are from. Additionally, that ped in no way lists a full lineage of the leucistics as I have seen many more than just those that are listed there.

There are programs out there for you to build pedigrees and you would be able to include more information, such as DOB, owners, who the joeys were sold to, where they are now, etc. Also health and longevity information.

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 01:57 AM

Sorry for it being so simple and difficult to decipher. frown

I was just trying to help...
Posted By: princessmegi

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 02:03 AM

There is already a lineage site where people can register their gliders. http://www.psgdatabase.com/psgdatabase/index.php
Posted By: Dazzle

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 02:09 AM

Thanks princessmegi, I was just going to ask if there was one.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 02:54 AM

I've got a pretty extensive leu pedigree on my comp. It starts with the main 3 leu lines and goes from there... It only branches out to actual leus, not hets though. If I included all of the hets... My oh my! I used genopro software for it. Unfortunately, it expired, so I either need to pay for the software update or make a new pedigree.
Posted By: GliderLove

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 03:18 AM

I give you credit though, I would not even attempt to go back that far! My brain would be scrambled for sure! roflmao
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 05:55 AM

lol, it's actually easier to start with the 3 known lines and work your way down. I may not have all the leus in my pedigree, but I have all of their ancestors...
Posted By: petsugargliders

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 04:19 PM

I remember a few years ago a GC member did an awesome pedigree of the leucistic lines from the beginning. You had to own a leucistic sugar glider, or have a het from one of the lines to get it for privacy reasons, but it was very nicely done and very informative.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...35341#Post35341
Posted By: cyndiekb

Re: Leucistic Family Tree. :D - 12/08/07 05:01 PM

I have 2 lues and 3 100% hets and I stay confused! Jen tried to call you smile
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL