GliderCENTRAL

question about creaminos

Posted By: sketchyglider

question about creaminos - 12/19/08 05:02 AM

what produces them???
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: question about creaminos - 12/19/08 05:22 AM

Two gliders carrying the cremino gene. A glider carrying the gene would either be a full cremino or a cremino het. There is some discussion as to whether they are T+ albino. dunno
Posted By: Judie

Re: question about creaminos - 12/19/08 05:26 AM

Cremino is an Albino but with with color. It is often refered to as the T+ Albino. The gene is simple recessive... meaning both parents must carry the gene color in order to reproduce it.

The T stands for tortanise (enzyme responsible for color) and the - or + is written as to wither or not the switch for color is on or off.

The all White Albino is a T- which means the animal is lacking color due to not having the enzyme Tortanise (color switch is turned off).

The T+ means the Albino has the enzyme tortanise that produces color (switch for color then is turned on).

Re: question about creaminos - 12/19/08 06:01 AM

i should have paid more attention in biology frown
Posted By: konotashi

Re: question about creaminos - 12/19/08 06:24 AM

lol
I just about failed biology when it came to the fats and amino acids and lipids, etc etc.... But I passed genetics with flying colors. roflmao
Judie has said pretty much all you really can say about the coloring, but I just want to put this in - creamino is my 2nd favorite color variation (right behind leucistic) and in a few years I hope to add one to my family. smile

Re: question about creaminos - 12/19/08 06:27 AM

we like white faces and creaminos. we really hope to add a creamino someday. i had to take biology twice before i got it
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: question about creaminos - 12/19/08 06:42 AM

I love my Zaria, even if she is a rotten brat, she's a wf creamino mlove

Re: question about creaminos - 12/19/08 06:56 AM

she has to be adorable!!!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL